Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out my ghetto jack extender thing *PICS*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by divorced, Apr 10, 2005.

1. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Jack stands don't work well with my frame height, and it's a pita to lift a 14 bolt FF up to the springs by myself, so I made a hitch/jack extender bar out of some scrap that I had. It slides into the receiver hitch and the up and down bar is adjustable by drilling another hole so it can fit many vehicles. It's easy now to swap axles or springs by myself; just lift the frame, swap, drop the frame back down. It also works to test my suspension for full droop because I have the full lift height of my jack to use to lift the truck, which is around 19" or 21" of jack lifting height or something like like. Now I need a front receiver, more ghetto fab to come...

Cool, huh?

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Scary, but awesome.

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool idea, but I would be afraid to use it on a Burb

4. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

It'a a good idea just to lift it up, but I would support it better if I were going to crawl underneith the frame. Maybe a steel A-frame "sawhorse" underneith the frame itself, for safety purposes.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

It would probably be too "light duty" for a 'burb unless you would brace it up just a bit more.

When I was logging on this morning I was going to mention that I never crawled under it this way, just so no one tries to and gets hurt. But as far as just lifing and standing back to work on it doesn't work too bad. I can have my bed off in about 10 - 15 minutes by myself using my electric hoist and that makes it easier to work on, but the K5 guys don't have it so easy. :p:

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

very getto but nice.

make atwo legged fram for it with a long stroke bottle jack and it would be awsome, jact to where you want and put the pin in.:thinking::thinking:

7. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

about as ghetto as me having to put the floor jack on top of a board that was on top of a rim/tire combo.