Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out my new mailbox

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BrianDamage, Sep 5, 2005.

1. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

After the welding table thread a while back, I got mad at myself for spending all that money on a table I wasn't using, so I got out there and cleaned it up.

First project:

Cedar mailbox post was rotten. Replace.

Had some 1 1/2" square tubing left over from when I made the table, so I sued that. I tried to use paint I already had, but all the colors I had would make it look like some football fan's box, except for the John Deere green & yellow I had. Ended up running out, only to find Walmart no longer carried it in spray cans. Had to buy it in brush on oil-based paint.

Messed up fabbing...I made the horizontal piece come out all the way to the end of the board that the box sits on, only to find out after mounting and painting the post that the mailbox door would hit the horizontal piece and the door wouldn't open :doah: . Had to cut off 4 inches, and get a buddy over here with a portable welder to weld another cap on the end.

I just reused the same mailbox and newspaper holder..just painted them.

I'm pleased with it though...can't decide if I want to get some John Deere logos to go on it or not :thinking:

mailbox.jpg

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

And I thought there were going to be flames... :rolleyes: :D My next box will get a nice flame job...

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my friend MICKEY(don't say it :haha: ). flames everything. he is the president of taylor area street rods, and goes a little crazy.even his hobbies room in his house has flames on the cupboard doors. i was thinking i would see flames on the box also. :D it does look cool though.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I want too build a mail box out of a old SBC. Put it up on bricks with the timing cover as the mail box door. Seen one somewhere on the net and thought it looked pretty wicked.

5. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, nice!!! :waytogo:

Bet ya have a John Deere! :confused:

6. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Got flames.....
    The last is a gate I made for my boss' house to divide the kitchen and living room to keep little ones out of kitchen for thanksgiving and such. I need to take a pic of it after I painted it though...

DSC02537.JPG

DSC01534.JPG

DSC01552.JPG