Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out the latest pics

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by chvyhs, Mar 22, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Downright inspirational! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Isnt it great to out wheel heeps in a big truck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

You should have seen the looks on people when they saw it. Most were in disbelief that a Sub was even out there. As soon as I got there the event coordinators were questioning it being out on the trail. I towed an early bronco out there, wheeled all weekend then towed the bronco back home. Let's see them do that in a heep!

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Yea I have done everthing in the burb. I have gone muddin, a little rock crawling, and I even climbed up a beat up 73 Nova /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I got a couple feet higher on it then my friend did in his Jimmy. I think the wheel base had to do with that.

6. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

its all in teh wheelbase... yeah, you lose a little, and have a slightly higher risk of high centering, but I've never had any problems going anywhere a heap went. the only trouble I ran into was going down a sand dune in borrego at `the dump' the sheer weight of my vehicle cause me to start sliding sideways into a ravine... put a tow rop around the front to maie sure it had some forward tug, even if it was going to go completely sideways (which it did) but I didn't flip, ro roll it, so alls good.

this all without any lockers, or real 4 wheeling experience... :-P

I can't wait to get me a springer suspension in the back of Burbanzilla... :-P

-Rich

7. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I want to do something different with my rear suspension (blocks and add a leafs now) like the shackle flip but I can't give up any of my towing capacity. I was thinking about adding a panhard bar and some type of ladder bar with the shackle flip so rear wont travel anywhere but up and down. I tow as much as I wheel so I'll have to find some type of compromise between the two.