Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

check out the list of top 10 Poseur!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bad_bo_ti, Apr 5, 2000.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

2. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Thank you Sir....that was great....can we have another?

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

did you read all the other crap the guy was saying about suvs, all i was doing was looking for tube bumpers for my rig and then i happened on to this and thought wow. here is some hate mail the guy gets and he is totaly dissing the Suvs http://poseur.4x4.org/negative.html if you want at the top of the page there are some links to tother pages try those for kicks too.

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Man some of those writing in have really no clue at all...I loved the one in all caps....Great stuff man...thanks....my sides are hurting and I am half way through a box of kleenx laughing so hard....

Kudo's to you ...

Think I would like a new bumper sticker...

I brake for trains and kids
    I run over SUV'S

5. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

How helpfull to be shown the error of my ways,(especially by such an arrogant, opinionated, head up his butt, S.O.B.)

John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

6. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Well, ya know, teknicalee a Blazer is a SUV ("an" SUV? what's proper Inglisch 'ere anywayzzz? ;-)

But 'sfunny, nobody ever accuses my multi-body-colored dent- and rust-ridden old beater of being a Soovie. It's often called "truck", or "piece of [censored]" by my coworkers (until they go for a topless ride, at which point they keep asking me to drive to lunch ;-) ... but never an SUV.

Maybe "SUV" should be "Big ****en Ugly Luxobarge That Never Goes Offroad And Just Pisses Me Off In The Mall Parking Lots Taking Up Six Spaces Cuz The Driver Can't Park It And Doesn't Want It Scratched Oh No They Paid So Goddam Much Money For It."

But tht acronym

-- A

'74 K5 Blazer "Tank Grrl"
    '77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

7. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Now I may not be sure but I believe the Blazer has been around a lot longer then the term Sport Utility Vehicle has been. I do not consider MY Blazer an SUV. I do consider it a full size 4 wheel drive vehicle, that spends as much time on the road as off.

8. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Um a Blazer has been around alot longer than the term SUV. I think that was some name they came up for cute little compact 4 wheel drive. Nothing cute about my blazer :)nothing small about it either.

9. chad

chad Registered Member

Actually, Blazers when first appearing were considered RV's or Recreation Vehicle, I'll go by that before I would call it an SUV anyday, I just call it a truck though, hehe

[​IMG]
    Cruisin Taz in a 79!
    Chad

10. dremu

Absolutely. But besides "POS", whaddya call the Frod Extrusion? The media and popular terminology for it is ...
    "SUV", along with the Cadillac Esplanade and the Lincoln Rammagator.

Yes, I have a little attitude problem about luxobarges.

Or how about the (quoting from a recent GMC ad) "Full-size Yukon and even fuller-size Yukon XL"?

[censored], the XL is just a bloody Burb. And"fuller-size"? What the [censored] kind of English IS that? Aaaaargh!!!

What I find funny is that the Blazer was positioned as a vehicle to use off-road --- and go to the mall in. The period (1973ish) ads specifically state "it fits in aty the grocery store" kinda stuff. Scary [censored].

(I'm thinking of the middle ad at http://www.slosh.com/cars/brochures/magazines.html#1973-5blazer here)

-- A

'77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

11. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

first a k5 blazer is not an suv. my 85 is classified by gm as a multipurpose utilty vechicle. my mother drives an suv(dare i admit i have a f@#d in the family). another way to tell if its an suv or not is weater there are more performance/utility options than comfort options, for example i have luxiorios floor vents and gm finest riped cloth interior, where my mothers suv has power seats and mirrors and a thing that tells you what the temperature outside is.

12. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I'll have to agree 100% tha MY K5 ain't no G** D*** city slicker yupie SUV!!!!
    fffffeeeeuuuuwwwwww
    OK I'm done

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

13. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Sooo hay nice Blazer.. Thanks ,but its not a Blazer its a MUV??????

14. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

Hey, guys (and girls). I'm new to the message board, but have been looking at ColoradoK5 for several months and never logged in until now. I checked out that site and I am actually going to send that guy (jerk) an e-mail and advise him to "get a LIFE"!! 4X4's were probably on the road before he started driving. If he can put up with tractor trailers he can deal with us in our "real trucks"!
    To give you a little history about myself - I have a '77 Blazer and an '89 Blazer. The '89 is my daily driver. It's solid black with Flowmaster dual exhaust, K&N air filter, 33" BFG all terrains on 15 by 8.5" Center Line Hellcats. Rancho 5000 shocks all the way around including a Rancho steering stabilizer. Plans include a 4" lift with 35's in the future, paint the shell to match the body, throw on a grill guard and a winch. Hope to hear from yall soon!

15. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

This guy is not as far off base as many may think. He thinks it's ok to own one if you use it for it's intended use(off roading). I do have a problem with the people who buy them and belive they own the road when they are driving. I'm sure you all have seen the ones i'm refering to, they look at you and turn their noses up as they pass you. I just always keep in mind how many of that type I have had to help out when they got stuck or broke down, while doing somthing stupid.

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

16. Casey 86K5

Casey 86K5 1/2 ton status

I agree with oldsteel- I have seen dozens of people in "SUVs" stuck in a ditch because they think that just because they have four wheel drive- they can go anywhere in the snow at any speed. I dont consider my Blazer an SUV, and never will. SUV means Sport Utility Vehicle. Now utility applies, but not sport. I probaly couldnt get my Blazer to 85mph if I tried, and if I did it would probably take 10 minutes to get it that fast.

17. dremu

Amen!

0 to 60 in three weeks, the K5 Blazer, LOL!

There's a guy in the next office at work who drives one of those Infiniti QX4's (yes, it stands for "Quasi-By-Four", as in "Wannabe-4x4" ;-)

He drives that [censored] thing 80-90MPH in the rain and sleet and [censored], "because it has all-wheel drive". I kid you not.

I am looking forward to extracting his happy ass from a ditch or a freeway embankment with my big fat, uncomfortable Blazer -- no leather, no heated seats, no 80MPH in the rain... and I'll get there every time, eventually.

I just pray he doesn't kill anybody else, seeing as he apparently is invincible. I don't mind so much if he wipes his own happy ass across an overpass, but if he hurts somebody else... aargh.

I also keep challenging him to go on a mud run or off-road, as he keeps claiming he has off-road damage already on his pretty shiny thing, so he "isn't afraid to use it as it's designed". I think that means he scratched it on the garage door ;-) ... all I know is he won't take on my Blazer (which is bone stock even, not really fair .... to the overpriced fluffy Pathfinder wannabe ;-)

Off my soapbox again. ;-)

-- A

'77 Chalet sans Blazer
    and more to come...

18. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, I seem to be in the minority here on this topic but I take pride in calling my Jimmy a Sport Utility Vehicle. Four Wheeling is definately a sport, and I do lots of it. I have designed my rig to be as utilitarian as it can be, and it is a vehicle. I like driving downtown among all the other SUVs with thier shiny paint, and the roof racks with the ski carrier on it, and see which 'SUV' gets the looks! I just feel good knowing that if I call it that, I am using it for the purpose it was built for. And when I roll into town with the truck so muddy that no one can tell if its blue or red, and the people in the new SUVs stop and stare (then move out of my way), I am more than happy to inform anyone around that its the ONLY real Sport Utility Vehicle in town! But trust me, I will never dishonor any of you and call any other Blazers SUVs without your permission! [​IMG] Referring to mine as an SUV doesnt bother me because I am confident that it is used and used well.

http:// http://sites.netscape.net/mikesthmpr/thumper

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

19. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

well i went to my local mall today and on the way there i noticed that most of the SUVs that i saw where pulling in to gravel driveways, now i know why they bought the SUV so they could save money and not pave the drive way, and use 4 wheel drive power to get to there house!! makes sense good logical excuse, but its the only off roading they wil be doing in it.