Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out the new Autoweek

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by protechk5, Apr 21, 2007.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

2. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

that is awesome, I'd like to see video.
    Did you happen to catch the show Gale Banks was on? Maybe TLC or something like that. Awesome truck he's built.[​IMG]

3. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Neat car, but I don't like the implication that biodiesel is a power - adder.. I think that the supercharger has a lot to do with what that thing puts out..

You can't run a fuel ( B100 ) with lower BTU's than either diesel or gasoline, and claim a huge power gain as proof that the lower energy content isn't an issue.. kinda defies the laws of physics..

whatever advances the agenda, I guess..

4. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

hahahha yeah i know

5. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Maybe it has to do with efficiency of energy conversion? :dunno:

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I see your point, but it's tough to extract something (energy, in this case) that isn't there to begin with.

just thinking out loud here..

they could have been injecting propane,or maybe Nitrous when they dyno'ed the car. in effect, combining a combustion accelerant with the forced air induction... or, possibly they ran a 2% blend of biodiesel and used regular diesel fuel ( and an accelerant and the supercharger )on the dyno, or they could have just taken the stated numbers from the supercharger manufacturer, and mathematically added the potential output to what the engine already put out, and came up with the magic number, without ever putting the thing on the dyno at all.

I wish the article went into more technical detail about how they did what they did, instead of reading like a press release..I dig the fact that they put a diesel in there, it's just that B100 by itself doesn't pack enough thermal energy, and it reduces the thermal energy of what you blend it with..