Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out the new gooseneck tailer I just got!!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, May 9, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Well after searching for about 3 months now, I finally found a used gooseneck trailer. I cut a deal with a guy on E-Bay. He had not had any bids on his auction when I saw the auction, so I PMed him and offered him $2,500.00 cash, if he did not sell it on auction. He had it listed at $2,900.00. To my luck he did not get a single bid and I landed it for $2,500.00, plus the drive to Las Cruces, NM.

It a 24K GTW trailer, with 3 8k axles, and D rated tires. 20' of deck and 5' of dovetail, w/ 4' ramps. Trailer brakes on the back two axles, with rubber being in decent shape.

I plan on mounting my slide in truck camper on the front and over the gooseneck. Then towing the blazer on the back portion of the gooseneck.

Needs some light re-wiring and a paint job. Other than these little items, it was a smoking deal for me.

Drove to Las Cruces, NM last night late to pick up, and turned right around and drove back with it all night. Now all I need is a normal Dodge Dually Bed!!! I hate the utility body.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

What couldn't you carry on that /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif That thing is cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Rob that is awesome, your completely set now. I feel sorry for the Blazer. It can now be taken to the limits and beyond and still get home. Next season will be wild /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif Espcially if Fred gets a rig and trailer.

I forsee some chormo's taken to the limit for sure now. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Harley

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Your only missing one thing now.........37" Krawlers /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

Harley

5. therobzilla

You didn't see my 37" Krawler in the picture. They just morphed into a gooseneck trailer. They are such a good tire, they even look like a gooseneck trailer. HA!!

I'm totally jazzed. Can't wait to load up the camper and blazer and hit the trails. I'm thinking a trip to Flagstaff is in order real soon!! I just added the Edge EZ computer box to the Dually, adds about 65HP to the rear wheels.

Wooo Hooo!!!! Bring awn the mountain passes!!!!

Rob

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That is a really awesome trailer.

I can't believe you can pull that thing with your utility truck. I had to remove the utility body from my C30 so I could tow a 5th wheel, nowhere near enough clearance.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Right on rob /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif That thing is mor than perfect for the blazer and camper combo. Only ? is where are you putting it (it looks awfully long <-HOA problems /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) I know you will make it work some how. That thing is heavy duty. Just when I thought I was catching up the next step is taken <sniff> I guess I will just keep up the windy wandering down the freeway by myself <sniff>

Tim I think the trailer is set up for flat beds as it looks like it was originally made for a back hoe or agricultural impliment type vehicle (robs blazer is pretty close to a tractor anyway).

Maybe Moab will only take 13 hours this year for you guys. All I can say is sweet. Oh... and I am jelous.

8. therobzilla

Matt,

Currenlty still working on the where to park issue. It's now parked in the driveway. Believe it or not, it actually fits in the driveway, but the other two truck barely fit.

I think it's going to get parked at my office for a while, I'm working on the farmer friend down the street for long term parking. Has about 5 acres with his farm equip on it now.

The drive from Las Cruces, NM and back was quite a long trip at night. Drove down in 5.5 hours, drove back in 8 with the 2 naps I took.

Really looking forward to make the trip to Moab this year. I just added a fueling box to the diesel. Added quite a bit of horsepower to the rear wheels. Should make the up hill grades quite a fun time now.

I got your message about the dually bed, tried calling them tonight, no answer. I am going to try them in the morning. Keep looking around, and if you see something, let me know.

Rob

Check your e-mail.

9. namkrow

namkrow 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I just added the Edge EZ computer box to the Dually, adds about 65HP to the rear wheels.

Wooo Hooo!!!! Bring awn the mountain passes!!!!

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome rig, Rob!
    Congrats on the trailer. I've been wanting one like that for...well... EVER.
    No storage for it, though)
    Anyway, be sure to get some good guages for that dodge. Pulling that thing (loaded) with a diesel will surely make your turbo a little hot. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    -T

10. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif nice looking trailer.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Now all I need is a normal Dodge Dually Bed!!! I hate the utility body.

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif if you keep the utility bed, you could store enough parts and tools to build another truck at the trail head. Or rebuild anyone elses that breaks /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Rob that is one nice outfit /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

12. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

That is a sweet deal Rob! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

nice setup rob. find out if the utility box will fit my 96 chevy dually.
    if so i may want to snag it off ya. you could put a chevy box on a dodge... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    grant

14. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

NICE trailer! I wish I had a place to put one that size...

And don't you just love that box? I'm thinking very seriously about getting an ATS setup for mine so I can really crank it up...

15. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

THIS ONE TIME??,,,,, AT BAND CAMP???,.,,,,

16. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Great score. I saw that one on ebay. Need some bling bling wheels for the trailer now. Post pics once you get it done. I have been looking for a GN to mount a camper on, too. One of these days.

17. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

Looks great!!!!!!!!!! I was gonna get jealous for a minute....Thought is was gonna be bigger than mine and I would have to go shopping again.. Seriously though, right on....

CR

18. therobzilla

Thanks everyone for the comments. I loaded up the blazer today to see how it tows. Gotta love it. Tows like it's not even back there. Ive gotta be out of town this week in Vegas on business, but next weekend the camper attachment starts. Going to start to mount up the camper and build the boxes on both sides of it.

I now have to decide where I'm going to take the first official trip with it too. I was thinking somewhere with cool weather..... Hmm /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif.

Thanks again.

Rob

19. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I now have to decide where I'm going to take the first official trip with it too. I was thinking somewhere with cool weather..... Hmm [/quote

Memorial Weekend at the Hammers!

Nice trailer, looks like you could haul 2 blazers on there or maybe even 2 blazers and a samurai.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

20. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Hey Rob, why don't you drive out this way again and pick up this caddy 500 for Marv, then make a trip out to South Carolina and drop my truck off for me so i don't have to drive there(can't find a rental trailer big enough for it)? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif