Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out the Steel Cowl Hood on EBAY I won

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sublmnl1990, Nov 15, 2004.

1. sublmnl1990

sublmnl1990 1/2 ton status

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: Check out the Steel Ccowl Hood on EBAY I won

Nice.

3. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

What are you going to do with your glass one now, and why are you swapping it out???

4. sublmnl1990

The glass one does a lot of shakin it has a few hair line cracks and the paint is oxidized and I think the money it would cost to fix it to paint and then paint would even out, nothing I worry about its not a show truck. But the main problem is that the glass hood is to light to use a spring so when you pull the hood latch the hood pops up. If you get a spring thats strong enough it pushes the hood up when its closed.(you see a gap) If you get a weaker spring it doesn't have enough ass to pop the hood. The front latch is a different thatn the old ones that didn't have an inside pull and it looked like to much trouble. I tried twice to find hood pins and both times they were to short. I didnt expect to win because the other sellers have been selling the for $400 bucks plus shipping. I am not sure what I am going to do with the old one yet. Damn I type to much. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

5. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Sounds like that glass hood is a real piece of [censored] that no one would want. Probably going to have to throw it away. Or... would you want to figure out how to ship it up here to Massachusetts?

-Chris

6. sublmnl1990

I will save the box from the new hood and if I cant find a buyer here I will let you know. I had a buddy tell me one time that he could use it, he said since it was fiberglass he could cut it down and rebuild it to fit something else. I guess if you have the know how and time thats okay. He is a body and paint dude so I am going to ask him if he will paint my new hood to match my truck I would give him the glass one. But you know how people are they say one thing and when it comes down to gettin er dun they say something else. I will keep you up dated. The hood really isnt that bad I just got tired of the openong issue I explained before, plus since the hoods usually sell for over $400 bucks I didn't think nobody else would bid on it. I only bid $305.02 and won it for $304.98 so any other bid would have kicked me out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Thanks, Let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif
    I like body work.
    -Chris

8. sublmnl1990

The hood is here already and it didn't end up being a cheapo Itrs made by the Reflexxtion Company and it looks very nice. no dents or dings what a deal. After being worked over on ebay a few times its nice to get a good deal. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif