Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out these beadlocks on my K5

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shagnaz, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I was going through abunch of pics from the trail rides I've been on and here is a good pic of my Hutchinson Double beadlocks. Alot of people think they are Hummer, but these use a think rubber ring inside to lock the beads to the rim. Plus the outer side of the rim splits away from the hub. You can kind of see on the rear rim. I have some pics of them broke down. I just have to find them. [​IMG]
    You can also see the carnage on the side from the day before! Damn rocks
    Here is another pic of me coming up the last ledge of Lower2. It is an action shot. [​IMG]
    These 2 pics are from Tellico, NC in Nov.2003

2. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status

Damage is looking good. Hope to see it in the rock garden in Anderson at the end of this month. Did you get those rims straight from Hutchinson or somewhere else? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

Did you have to use spacers on those to compensate for the backspacing or are they spaced right for your truck?

I am moving to Columbia(ft jackson), SC in 2 weeks and was wondering what kind of lift laws you have out there. I have a 1 ton on 38's hoping to go to 42's next. Do you have state inspections? Emissions?

4. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

Where did you buy your beadlocks? How much did they cost?

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Looks nice /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

It won't be in the rocks this year. Having problems with the TBI w/the new motor. I was thinking about putting the Toyota in the rocks though. Not for sure. I didn't get the rims from Hutchinson. I got them off of a old armor vehicle. It was a Dodge Ram Charger, but the body was cut off and replaces with plate steel. It also had a D60 and a D70 under it. Pretty cool find. It even had a turit(?) on top.

7. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I have a 2" in the front and a 2.5" in the rear. Had no problems. I even drove it to the trails from my home. 6 hours + @ 75mph. No balancing either. Rode great.

We have lift laws, but they don't enforce them. We have guys running around with 12 susp. with 3"body on 44's and they don't get harassed. Hope to meet up one day.

8. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I got the rims at a good deal and I will leave it at that. If I had to put a price on them brand new...500 or more. Those new Hutchinson rims are expensive, but DOT approved. But, who looks at that /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif.

9. trollporter

trollporter 1/2 ton status