Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out these Flowtechs on e-Bay

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89Jimmy, Apr 30, 2000.

1. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

These headers seem a little weird. They are supposed to be for an '87-'91 Blazer. The pic shows a 90 degree bend at the end of the drivers side header and the passenger side goes straight back. My '89 seems to be just the opposite. The cat and the exhaust run down the driver's side. This is the 2'nd set of these that this guy has sold. Is the description right? I am pretty sure my exhaust is stock. Anybody fill me in?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=315912866
    John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

2. paul_cfh

paul_cfh Registered Member

they dont look like mine (older truck and blazer) i think he might be confused , they look like late model (88 +)

<font color=blue>where the road ends the fun begins</font color=blue>

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I noticed they have the o2 sensor bung already welded on...on older non computerized blazers there was no o2 sensors...I would steer clear unless you can get someone to bend the exhaust tubes..then it may be a good deal!

4. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I believe the other day someone explained that the newer Blazers and/or trucks with the IFS suspension has the exhaust going down the opposite side. I don't know..I got an 86 and it goes down the driver side. They do me no good at all...

<font color=green>[​IMG]Eagle86K5[​IMG]

5. Nrose07

Nrose07 1/2 ton status

I just bought a pair!

I just bought a pair of these, but I just returned them to Summit Racing. Their quality is ok, welds look like CRAP! But they are sealed tight, the ceramic coating is from Jet-Hot. The flanges are 5/16, and tubbing is 16ga. Just remember ceramic coating chips off, then what do you do? Not real practical for a 4X4. Oh, I paid about $230.00 Hope it helps, and yes they were worth $230, but they didn't fit my exhaust.

Displacement, cubes, and did you say you drive a riceburner???