Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out this 1995 2500 4X4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEGALADON, Aug 4, 2005.

1. MEGALADON

MEGALADON 1/2 ton status

were these trucks good to have? or did they have problems?
    the guy wants 4500.00 for it. Its all stock, and very clean.

Any comments on this year truck would be great!! :thumb: THANKS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the motor is a 350.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
  2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Something looks odd to me in regards to the picture vs. supposedly being a 2500 series truck. It might just be a light duty 2500 w/ 6-lug axles........basically a half-ton pickup with a SF14 bolt rear..........though I've never seen a ext. cab shortbed with this setup.

The heavier 2500 series trucks were 8-lug, had factory fender flares, and the front track width was noticably wider.

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Its just a heavy half ton, aka light duty 2500. Its six lug with the 14SF...

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

worth it I think. I sold my 95 single cab for $8k with the plow it had(figure a grand right there). Yes its a light duty 2500 but thats just the lug nuts and maybe a little in the spring rate. My 95 was in only mildly better condition I'd say. What mileage?

5. wubba_65

wubba_65 Registered Member

You might want to look out for that grass growing in the engine bay

:haha:

Looks very clean though, I would say easily worth it unless high Km's. A truck like that would go for $7000 with 300 000 KM on it if it was in decent shape.

6. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Gimme that guys phone number....I can't make it out in that middle pic.

7. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

A '96 would be a lot better imo. I've got a '95 Z71 (which is probably similar to this truck) and it's a great truck. Reliable, comfortable, etc. But they went to Vortecs in '96 and it makes a big difference in power. But that's a good price and I'd be real tempted.

8. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

2 things thay eat front end parts and it has newer 99-up siverado body style rims on it not the 88-up styles. but o.k. for looks. sounds fair. but pull the tranny dip stick and look a fluid if auto. might be ready to go.

9. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Call the place across the street at 713-473-0600 and ask them to get the guy's number for you. :D

10. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Looks like a pretty good deal to me, like said, check the milage.

I like when people don't detail under the hood. You can tell its a pretty clean truck. Just something about a armoralled engine bay gets me wondering :o

ps, you might want to put a real hitch on the back and get rid of that bumper piece :D

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah the TBI 350s are dogs, but that should have a 4l60E so thats not too bad. Mine had a 4l80E, even with the 4.10 rears it was a sorry pup when you tried to accelerate. The 4l80e has no place behind a stock TBI 350.

12. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

my father has a 94 like that with tbi and six lugs. the lug studs are larger than the regular half ton, so some rims dont fit. keep it stock and they do fine, dads has 277,681 on the clock. yes its the original engine and yes its getting tired. but it has more than payed for its self as a work truck hauling tractors, implements, hay, bricks, horses, you name it. i HIGHLY recomend you get the biggest trans cooler you can for it as, dads has gone though 2 trannys. i think the problem has been too much heat. (trans cooler built into the radiator) other than that and a leaky engine oil cooler line its been basicaly trouble free. if you turn up the torsion bars a little and put a add-a-leaf to the rear you can run 255x85x16 tires (about like a 33x10). theres alot you can do to increace performance i recomend a throttle body spacer and underdrive pullies as well as better exhaust and (if money permits) a performance chip/reprogram. the price is well worth it as im sure dad would want $4500 for his and its a lot rougher condition than that.

hope this helps

balzer

13. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Just throw a manifold, cam, and exhaust on it and you'll have more power than the vortec at a little less cost than buyin a 96.

14. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i have both a 88 tbi 350 and 96 votec 350. my opinon is vortec is one big dog. my 88 tbi 350 was much more power to me and all i did was free up the exaust system :wink1: and put on a flow master muffler.