Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

check out this 72

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chris672, Apr 5, 2002.

1. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Yep,

That one's been listed many times before.....looks like the owner is starting to get the message that his price is too high!

It's still more than I would pay...

42's though.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Southwest Offroad must not know what hardcore is, tho they say this is the ultimate in extreme offroad blah blah blah.............42's on Dana 44. 'Nuf said.

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Guy I bought my Sub from had a 72 that he paid $10k for. I felt it was a little high but the truck was awsome. 4 inch lift, 586's 33's Body was just about flawless. Incredibly nice paint job. Not a wave in the boddy. Whole truck had been blocked. All new window seals and body rubbers. Engine compartment was all detailsed but they painted the fire wall black instead of body color like it would have come. Frame was cleaned and painted where it was visiable in the fender wells but not detailed the whole length. But he uses it as a daily driver so not really worht the effort. Interriror was restored to original with NOS seat covers and the works. Had a 402 with a TH400 and 205 in it. Said it dynoed something like 380 HP and 430 Torque. Thing just pured. It looked like it just rolled off the line other than the 4 inch lift. If it had it's original engine it would be worth more but the 402 was sweet.

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I have about 10,000 in my truck, and it is not nearly as nice as that. Dana 44 with 42's is definately not hardcore though. Looks like there would also be some tire rubbing the fender issues. Also didnt say what the diffs were (r&p, open/locked).

If I had that kind of money, I think I would go for it. If it has been totaly redone inside and out, has perfect paint/perfect body, sounds like a deal to me. Sounds like the only issue would be the front end, but once you fix that it would be strong enough to wheel.

I mean really go buy a new "4x4" for $35,000 or buy that which looks to be in "new" condition for a third of the cost, and could actually be wheeled.

Im sold... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif