Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check Out This Blazer! Crazy Nice.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Craig Artzner, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was emailed this '73 Blazer from eBay today. Man is this thing nice. They claim that the 402 in it was a dealer swap done in '72, before it was sold. 28K original miles they claim. 10 bids already and it's up to 12,500.

They claim it's all original but they seem to have swapped out the fender emblems for some '75-'80 ones. They did say they repainted it but why wouldn't they have used the original emblems?

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1&viewitem=&item=150081738058

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

i don't think the mirrors are original either

3. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

the funny thing is, the guy selling it say's he bought it from the original owner, but his listing say's 1 owner, he would be 2. anyway, i see people doing this all the time, no point, just observation.

4. Craig Artzner

Bidding is now reached $13,600.

Yep Sky I'm sure the mirrors are from a later model too. Those trucks either came with the ugly "tripod" mount towing mirrors or the little bity "wallet size" mirrors. I have the little mirrors on my Blazer, only thing I really like about them is that I don't have to fold them in when I park the Blazer in my one-car garage...

The joy I get out of watching this auction is that my Blazer is close to the same overall condition as this gold one, except that my engine bay isn't as clean and has a few more miles. But I got mine for $5000 :cool1:

5. Craig Artzner

Just went up $400 bucks more, now at $14,000...just between now and my previous post. Ok I'm hitting the sack now...

6. Jason4x4

Jason4x4 1/2 ton status

and it still has almost a week to go.

7. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

So, THAT'S what the interior on my '74 Cheyenne should look like!! :D :D

Nice truck.

8. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

as nice as it is I would not want it, I can not own a rig I cant take a cut off wheel or a sawzall too. that one would be a sin to cut up.

9. RedDevil

RedDevil 1/2 ton status

Damn, super clean!

10. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Kinda looks like the console in the interior isn't right either. I thought 73+ had cup holders in them instead of the square first-gen seatbelt pockets. Am I right?

11. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

I have a '74 Cheyenne and my console looks exactly like that ... well, not counting the cracks ...

12. Craig Artzner

Yeah my '73 stock one looks exactly like that one too. Square holes. Cup holders would have been way more useful. Yeah Brian, we have to carry our drinks in our laps just like you first-gen guys...

13. bp71k5

bp71k5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Ah, I see. Mine was missing (or never had one) so I got a later model one with cup holders instead of replacing it with the "correct" one. :)

14. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

my 75 had the squar also. i called it the smokers counsole since a pack of smokes would fit perfect in the hole + the extra ashtray. i have one all redone at the house, but then i got two cup holder ones. i would want to lift that k5 but it's too nice.

15. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Looks like the 402.:D

16. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Yeah, I saw this one yesterday and saved all of the pictures for when I redo my interior. I'd like to know more about this "dealer swapped" 402 big block. Were dealers that hard up for a sale back then that they would go through the hassle to convert it to a BB? I guess if the original owner paid them a pile of money they would do anything he wanted. Of course you could just put your own big block into it and make your own tag and rivet it to the door and call it rare too.

I'd sure like to see the invoice and the original option line tag on that truck. I've got a feeling that it is less original and more a good restoration. Either way, it's very nice. However, I'm not sure it's $14K nice. I loved the interior though.

I'm just too much the skeptic when it comes to one-off, "rare" stuff on e-Bay.

17. Craig Artzner

BlazerFarm let me know if you ever need more interior pictures...my Blazer is 100% stock '73 Cheyenne. And I plan to keep it that way.

18. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Checked it a couple of hours ago and it was up to 15k+ :rolleyes:

19. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

Resto'd big time. Arm rests dont match the door panel. 74+ fender badges, cheyene should have wheel well carpet in the back, its a nice truck but is hardly all original. The vin IS a 73 though.

and BTW, you guys know what the square pockets in this vintage center consol are for??? They're for the seat belt buckle. Thats where your supposed to park the buckle when you take the belt off. :wink1:

20. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that.