Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out this early Suburban Web Page

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by chvyhs, Feb 9, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Here's the link.

WebShot Pics
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

yeah, thats one of the cooler old burb sites out there. tomorrow at work, I'll post my links to Aero trucks, adn Jolly's GMC's... jolly is a GMC nut, who has an extreme appreciation for the GMC lines of trucks... doesn't much like the chevy's, and sees them better suited as parts for chop jobs, and whatnot, but to each thier own...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

3. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

That's a good website. Too bad they don't run a forum. Craig has some amazing things in his how-to section. Turbos, arcane transmissions, and expedient electrical tricks to get around obsolete wiring. I liked his GPS center console.

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

he's got a nice suburban, but... ( enter full opinion mode) he's done so many things to it, that its more a mad max vehicle, full of bits of clutter, and Gizmonic devices... kinda scarry IMHO...

I think I might do some of the Mods myself, although they'll be more self contained, and whatnot. ( like the multiple overhead lights thing... all going in the headliner/sideboards...) if I were a little better at wireing, or had the drive/want to do some stuff, I'd rebuild my dash to integrate all the new gauges I have strewen about on the upper dashboard of my truck(s) oh well, one of these years when I'm less a pansy I suppose...

Don't getme wrong, I go for purpose above styling, (hence my trucks both having horrendous paint jobs) but when dealing with interior stuff, I prefer to try and hide the wires... its so easy, and so much safer to not have things in the cab sticking out, laying loose, and whatnot, that I see little reason not to integrate devices into the existing crawl spaces. granted, he has a much older vehicle, with less crawl spaces then mine... oh well, enough rambling...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Ddragggon on 02/12/02 09:26 AM.</FONT></P>

5. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Clicky:

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/members/gallery2/261/display.htm>http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/members/gallery2/261/display.htm</a>

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

7. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

That's a sweet old ride. Do you get a lot of thumbs up while driving down the road? I bet you really confuse the 4wheelparts guys when looking for parts!

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.