Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

check out this ebay gem...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5Chris, Jul 7, 2006.

1. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

this dude lives not far from me, and i've seen him driving around 3 or 4 times. he aint lieing when says street driven, he drives that thing around with those bags fully inflated. most humungo show trucks with 49's only sit a few inches over them, this thing towers over the 49's, its simply stunning when you see something that huge pass you on the road. check out that rear driveshaft angle.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BIGGEST-STREET-DRIVEN-TRUCK-IN-TX_W0QQitemZ130004832581QQihZ003QQcategoryZ13487QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[​IMG]

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Outstanding!

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

No front driveshaft, scary steering linkage, and the hitch is bent from his "custom hitch" pulling the racecar. Sounds like a typical show truck to me!

4. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Cool rig. I have a soft spot in my heart for show trucks too even though most of you guys bash them. It doesn't always have to be about function.

-Avery

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

stupid looking imho....

I'm a big proponent of proportion... Way too much lift for the tire size, looks silly... Might as well have a Pinto body up there..

Not too mention any hack/bad engineering factor you may find on a show truck... Function following form is the norm on these things...

I don't mind some tasteful bling, ie well-painted parts, some stainless or polished aluminum here and there, but most go overboard with chrome springs, etc, looks cheesy...

I'd much rather drive Wally around on the street and have 1/2 the cash investment and knowledge that functionality is #1...

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

in my eyes those things make me want to vomit.

7. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

There is only a small amount of the population that can look at a truck like this and see it for what it really is. Everyone else will say "wow, I bet that can go any where and through anything"

It is cool looking, but for me what is it good for? Can not really drive it on the public roads, not going to cut it off road, and it is to nice for a trail truck.

8. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

For a truck that tall, I just wouldn't feel safe driving it. Not just safe for my own self but for others too. Just seems too tall and too narrow that it could topple over when turning a corner at 3 mph.

9. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

And......

The starting bid is $60,000? And the reserve is not met? Man, for anything over $60K, I'd build a monster truck on 66" tires and call it safer than that thing.

10. ryoken

I think thats the point, alot of us don't think it's "cool looking"... To me, it's an embarrassment to the 4 x 4 community...

And it promotes some sort of "ignorant, redneck stereotype"....

11. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

To me that thing is like the car you see at the car show with a chromed out blown big block. But the rotors are chromed. And the inner fenders are covered in cloth. Yeah, it could run a big number, but chances are that it never will, and probably doesn't even run.

Every time I see a truck like that, I think, man, that guy must have some sort of napoleon/little penis complex. The thing could easily fit 49's and not be near as tall. Notice how he put in a picture of girls standing next to it? I'm all for big trucks, but I am also for functional big trucks.

On the plus side, at least he didn't use 24" lift leaf springs. Looks like a semi well thought out suspension. Aside from the steering. Should be full hydraulic at that point, because as tall as that truck is to start its already on the fringe of "street legal".

12. balterbuilt

balterbuilt 1/2 ton status

60,000 starting bid, what's he think he's gonna make some money on it...haha

13. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I have a spot in my heart for show truck, i hate the fact they are all show no go, but some do look damn good. This one is that, to an extent. toooo much lift. The 49's which are massive tires, look like 35's with 10" of lift.

Im suprised B&C didnt build that.

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It is not safe looking at all, will no doubt scare people and has no place being driven on the street. People that build those should trailer them to shows and keep them of of the streets. It is the type of thing that gives the rest of us a hard time and is the very POS that someone will show pictures of when they enact a new bumper height law.

15. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I don't agree. For one thing it got our attention and we don't all generally even like complete show trucks. It attracts people's attention and introduces them to 4X4's. Regardless of whether it is a functional 4X4 or not it gets people thinking.

Plus if being a redneck entails a $50,000 truck and $30,000 in aftermarket stuff then sign me up! I think that most people would be impressed by it and not even connect it in any way to being a "redneck". Just my $0.02.

-Avery

16. ryoken

It didn't get my attention, it was posted in a thread...

And if I saw it at a show, I'd laugh at it and the ignorant f*ck that built it... to each his own, but that thing is stupid..

I'm not looking for people to "get into" the 4 x 4 community. There's already enough inbred morons putting stuff together, heck, just look at the scary steering page...

Becoming "popular" is not always a good thing... It's nearly ruined my other passion, skating, on many fronts...

And if you dumped 80 g's to build that, I wouldn't call you a redneck, but stupid.. But if you build one of these lower budget showtrucks with the light rig from Ozzfest and rebar for steering components, well then, ignorant redneck will fit the bill..

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah but dip****s like that attract the wrong kind of people and send the wrong message. Besides no true redneck would drive that homoghey ride.

18. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ditto. A show truck is cool. Driving that monstrosity on the streets is foolish. I would suspect that the local cops know him quite well. I can't imagine that they look the other way when that thing rolls around. Oh, and is that a Ford 10.25 Sterling in the rear of that Chevy?

19. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

If "Timmay" was rich...............:wink1:

20. stkcode

stkcode Registered Member

It's kind of amazing how many people that dump lots of money into any vehicle seem to think their going to get that money out of it and then some, when they sell it. These people definately have had their head where the sun doesn't shine too long. Other then saying "it's big", it's doesn't have much of a realistic purpose imho.