Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

check out this post

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4k20, Apr 9, 2005.

1. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I won't own a Furd because it would be too embarrassing. I wouldn't be able too show my face in public.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Maybe the possibility of having tires or a setup that was not well suited to the task at hand could have played more of a part rather than the ****ing factory emblem........................................... :surepal:

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Excellent point Bubba...

I may not like Ford but I sure dont hate them and I would never not drive one if given the opportunity. I happen to love that body style Ford, throw a 460 and a C6 behind it and I'd be happy..

Sometimes I dont understand the hardcore brand loyalists...

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I am a brand loyalist , however I would own an old Mustang , T , A , coupe , and possibly a Maverick .

Only thing I would do is a Chevy motor swap , which has been TRADITION since 1955 :D

PS , the first thing my strap ever towed was Supersize's sisters FURD ;)

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

maybe the fact that the ford was a little underequipped could have had an effect? naaaahh not possible! too busy being brand loyal to take the physics of the situation in mind.....
    the ford on l(ooks like) 33-35" BFGs tried to drive through ruts dug by 37" swampers and got stuck.... yepp the blue oval on the grille is what did it, huh?
    **** brand loyalty!

id buy a new ford before i even considered buying a chevy... maybe back in the 70s and 80s it was different but, new trucks... ford cant be beat.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I USED to hate fords too!!

I always hated fords,not so much the classics like the mustangs or some of their trucks,but their cars always seemed like big tugboats,and sounded like hoover vacuum cleaners,suitable for your grandpa to drive...the thing I hated most about them was their lack of parts interchangeability,and the fact looking up parts at my countermans job often was a hair pulling frustrating experience--seems like every 6 months ford changed everything,and without a production date or VIN # you had to order every possible part# and send back the ones that didn't match up(at a loss to out company!)... :mad:

I had even said I'd never take a ford,even as a gift! :blush: --but I WAS given one!!- :blush: -so now I have to eat my words!!--and open my closed mind up a little wider--I see now a ford is no better or worse than any other kind of vehicle,ALL of them can be either gems or junks!!-( and most vehicles now are assembled from parts from all over the world!--no such thing as an "american" car anymore).

-I think fords are a bit too complicated and some of their designs leave a lot to be desired,as far as being able to work on them--but most of the other cars and trucks are just as bad or worse nowadays..so I cant say I HATE fords anymore!!--But GM's earlier trucks will always be my first choice for a nice looking,easily repairable,and most affordable vehicle that the average guy can fix on the roadside with a minimum of tools and parts...I have no experience with any trucks after 1990 or so,I cant say who is "best"--but I think they have all come a long way...Now I dont care who's name is on the grille--as long as it gets me there with no trouble,I'm happy! :crazy:

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i own two fords and one chebby... trying to get a 3rd ford (tow rig!)... I still consider myself a "chevy guy" and make fun of "furd" drivers, even while driving my ranger.. lol!

j

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

the 70s ford trucks have a cab and underhood fire problem

so i avoid them

the mustangs i hate, they are all crap as far as im concerned, all the high school girsl always want an early mustang,
    i dont want a girly car..

forget all that

i have owned a few ford trucks however, but got them cheap and i ruined them after railing them and working them til they died, which didnt take too long at all. although i liekt eh ford 240 and 300 engines,

cant stand ford v-8s, hate them, nothing interchanges theyre a whore to work on, even trying to change the thermostat on a ford v-8 is a enough to make you wanna blow the damned thing up,

total junk..