Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check out what I lost/ outbid!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cwn anwyn, Feb 17, 2005.

1. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Check out what I just got outbid on.:angry1: I really wanted the first one for the axles. The rest I would have just resold.:thumb:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Went for 1400.00, and
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Went for 660.00

If only money grew on trees.:grin:
    Z

2. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

thats just about enough to make a growen man cry.

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Keep your eyes peeled and ears to the ground and better luck next time...

4. ZooMad75

ZooMad75 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

That explains something to me. My co-worker and I were bidding on the same trucks. Went over our price too. We were thinking we were the only ones that saw it too. RATS!!!

Probably some bonehead over at Boyce equipment driving the price up so they can buy all the 60's in the world from Military trucks.

Oh well, keep we'll keep watching for more!

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That would be my guess as well...:crazy:

Rene

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

didnt the ambulances come with something the regular pickups didnt? was it a 205 tcase? and the pickups had a 208?

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Dang, I would gladly have paid that for the second (if it were in AZ) just for the bed and axle. Isn't that a 1028 or 1030? Should be a Th400 + 205. Would be a sweet restore for support truck, camper, expedition vehicle, whatever...

8. blublaz

blublaz 1/2 ton status

I saw some of the prices Boyce was charging just for 10 bolts. Makes me wonder if they've EVER sold anything. They wouldn't even reply to my voicemail. I guess it was a little heavy on the sarcasm:blush:

9. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

youd be surprised what somone, who doesnt know the market, will pay for **** like that (10bolt).

10. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah, they've sold stuff.

Recently Mark Boyce had an item for sale on eBay and I won it. I didn't know it was him at the time (but I knew Ogden, UT sounded familiar). The description said $15 for shipping even though the item weighed less than a pound and USPS will ship it flat rate for $7.70 including pickup. Then he sent me an invoice for $25 shipping plus the item.

We eventually got it straightened out but there's no way I'd buy an axle from him after the experience. There are so many companies that build better for less and are a lot better to deal with.

I mean, for what he wants for a stock D60 you might as well start building a Camo 60.

11. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I thought the shelter would have been pretty cool built up. I wanted the D60 and 14b for the blazer. I thought the maint. trucks came locked front and rear like the ambulance's? Atleast thats what I was wishing for.:D There was 3 blazers for sale too but they jumped over a grand right off the bat. Maybe next time.:thumb: Zoomad, next time I'll shoot you a pm so we dont bid up on the same auctions.:grin: That way one of us will eventually get the elusive 60.:bow: :saweet:

Z

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

205 case AND a trac-lock in the front '60.

13. ZooMad75

We were planning something similar. My buddy would take the axles and stuff them in his 78 k10 and I'd buy his 14ff and 8 lug D44 from him. This way he gets what he wants and I get what I want. I'm not in need of the 4.56 gearing as mine still sees street time and his don't. My buddy wanted a blazer too for trail bashing but we both cringed when watching auctions for similar M1009's go for $2000 and up in PA and other points back east.

I'm sure all us locals in Colorado will be watching. I just noticed a thread over at Colorado4x4.org about the Govliquidation site this morning too.

I think the secret is out though. If I could just get my hands on the trucks sitting at the local reserve armory that have not moved in a couple of years!

14. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

SO YOU'RE THE PEOPLE WHO DROVE UP THE PRICE ON ME!!! :mad:

Haha, just kidding. I did bid on it though. I figured I wasn't going to be the only person watching it from ck5.

Would've been easy for me to get home too, I'm only about 1-2 miles north of Gate A on Hwy 115. I could've pushed the thing home!

Let's definetly work together on it next time though. Sounds like the three of us were the ones that drove the price up. :p:

15. ZooMad75

Well thats 3 of us that bid and none of us got it. I'm thinking there was another that out bid us and won.

Thats what sticks about that site, you can't tell how many people you are bidding against like on Ebay.