Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check this out...Poor Mans plasma cutter

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chaz88K5, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i was thumbing threw a magazine at work and ran accross this thing...its a portable plasma cutter...(that is if you have a set of portable torch bottles) runs about 600 bucks..not sure how good it works but it looked kinda cool and thought someone might have some intrest in it...i know there was talk a few weeks ago about someone trying to build a onboard plasma type cutter..but here its is already in kit form POOR MAN'S PLASMA

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Jeez, don't give Friz any ideas /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Perfect for cutting down those gates they keep putting up at your favorite trails /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Just don't get caught /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif Did I say that out loud or was I just thinking it?

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like an awesome tool! But it seems like they're using the "razor and blades" marketing strategy. Sell the machine (razor) cheap and then make a fortune selling the tubes (blades). /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif The tubes run from $1.70 to $5.00 EACH! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i dident read into it much...i dident want to get caught at work /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif so i dident even see the other required parts/consumables