Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check this out

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Oct 25, 2005.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Pretty cool (even though I'm not a fan of short beds).

3. Orange Crush

Orange Crush 1/2 ton status Premium Member

4. RedBrute

RedBrute 1/2 ton status

Looks like a crew cab dropped onto a 'burban frame and the front of the bed trimmed to fit... I think I see 8 lugs? nice job who ever did it!

5. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Thats a sweet truck. This is a pick of a quad cab short box that is sitting behind someones house close to where I live. It was for sale about a year ago and I went and looked at it, was a very clean truck. If I remember right it had 6lug axles, it had a 454 and a manual tranny. It has been sitting in this field for about a year now and has not been moved, its a crying shame :doah:

P9210224.JPG

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

so they really did make crewcab shortbeds? thats not a custom job? that 91 on autotrader...that defies the body style change and everything....im confused :confused: i like it tho!

7. muddybuddy

the more i look at that one on autotrader, that bed is way to short to be a stock short bed. i think that looks reallys sweet.

8. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Im not sure if that truck is a custom job or not? I could not tell by looking at so if it is its a really nice job. Plus it is a normal size short bed, unlike the one you found on autotrader. Anyone know if they actually made these?

9. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

I wish I had some extra money laying around though. I really want to go to that house and make them an offer for that white one, I hate seeing it in a field giong to waste. I can just picture it with about 5" of lift with one tons and some 39's or 40" TSL's on H1 wheels :doah: here we go again, lol!

10. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

here's another nice one.

crewcab.jpg

11. muddybuddy

highrlr, you could buy that white one from him, swap all ur parts off ur k5 and put the parts from the truck on the k5 and maybe sell it to make up for the funds???

at least go over and talk to the guy about, maybe u can work something out

man that would be sweet with 40s :D

12. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

That is a good idea but I havent even finished my K5 yet :doah: . I will hopefully be reinstalling my 241 with SYE and rotator ring this weekend and hopefully will also get the 14b in. Plus that truck has a carbed 454 in it and with current gas prices that would be a killer. I should go talk to the guy about it though, I think it is an old couple that lives there, maybe the guy would just be happy to get rid of it and would sell it cheap? Im probably just dreaming cuz its in such nice condition but why else would he set it in a field and notmove it for over a year! Breaks my heart every time I drive by it :(

13. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

That is a sweet looking truck steve! Makes me think that this truck could also make a nice two rig for my K5, some 1ton axles with a cummins and an nv4500 maybe? Man I think something is wrong with me! lol.

14. rocknutah

rocknutah Registered Member

He does state it is a custom shortbed. Even with a six foot box it was not available from G.M. as a shortbed crewcab in the R,V models only later in 88-98 C-K bodystyle.
    Bed looks a little short, but it looks like he did a nice job. It's about a 1/2 hour north, I may need to go take a peek.