Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Check this ride,,baaaaad

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 4xcrazy, Aug 1, 2004.

1. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

http://www.lateral-g.net/sandlin/

Check out the link to their homepage, the other rides are awsome as well,,, /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah! thats kick butt!

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

holy sh!t man, that thing is saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

4. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Wow. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

cool they finished it. Someone posted pics up of the build up. That thing had 8 turbos /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wasn't finished last time it was posted but the fact they even finished it is simply sad. I have no idea what to tell you to search for in regard to the last discussion but its a hunk in mine and many many other peoples opinions here. If you know anything about Turbos thats nothing but a show junk piece.

7. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you know anything about Turbos thats nothing but a show junk piece.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever dude, yeah, i know alittle about turbos, i drive with one everyday, so they are not instantanious power, but when they do kick in, they are awsome.

People need to quit trash talkin everything and just except the fact someone had an idea to build something along with the money and it is completed, so what if it's not practical to you, 8 turbos, yeah, maybe a show car, but i have a feeling this car was built for this to begin with.

I tell ya, friggin kids now days, think they know everything. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

9. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you know anything about Turbos thats nothing but a show junk piece

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree,,probably takes a week for all those turbos to spool up,,,,, /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

10. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

WHO FREAKIN CARES!!!

Question: Why put 8 turbos???

Answer: BECAUSE I CAN!!!!!

I think they are all smaller turbos that spool up much much quicker. The technology today has a turbo spooling up very very low in the power band.
    Piece of junk....well that is truly your opinion and probably others to, but wow the work looks pretty good to me.

11. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

Id drive it!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I remember the site claimed, 600 some hp, wow 8 turbos and 600 horsepower, you could make more power with a single turbo. I understand its a "cause I can" thing, but all I see is a huge waste of money.

13. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'm so sick and flippin tired of all y'alls holier than thou attitude on things. That 57 is a work of art. I'm quite sure that it will hardly, if ever, see the strip. With that said, why can't you idiots just look at the car for the engineering feat that it is and leave it at that. I for one am amazed that it could be done and to hell with the if you know anything about turbos bullsh!t. It's analagous to synching up 8 separate carbs which in and of itself is a miraculous accomplishment which I am quite sure none of you critics have ever attempted much less completed. I'm thinkin your parents must have never taught you if you can't say anything nice shut the hell up.

15. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

It's a badass ride. I'd drive it. Yeah they could get just as much power with one turbo but who cares. They did it just for the shock factor at shows. When it comes to 57's just about everything has been done, single, dual. My take is the owner wanted that "Holy sh*t" factor when the judges lifted the hood.

16. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Yah, well get used to it bubba. That is just the way the world is. You would think that around here a machine like that would be appreciated for it's shear wow factor,like you said just the engineering that HAS to go into that. But the truth a whole host of folks hear feel the need to critisize from behind the keyboard. Ofcoarse that is their right, it just always stuns me how quick they are to bash anothers choice of mechanical art.
    Then again I am a fan of evertything motorized. I love lowrider's with hydros. I think imports are fun and kinda cool. Hotrods kickass. Ratrods kickass. Big trucks, little trucks , motorcycles...but hey that is just me.

17. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's a badass ride. I'd drive it. Yeah they could get just as much power with one turbo but who cares. They did it just for the shock factor at shows. When it comes to 57's just about everything has been done, single, dual. My take is the owner wanted that "Holy sh*t" factor when the judges lifted the hood.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAH, the hood opens on its own!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

its an LS1, fuel injected, no synchronizing 8 carbs. I'd be more amazed if that were the case. I said before and will again, as I often have to here, that its my opinion. Show is nice but to me functional is a great look and looking under the hood and seeing 2 turbos would earn way more points in my book than 8.

The workmanship seems to be stellar but like I said, it just seems like a lot of money and time wasted.

19. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    wasn't finished last time it was posted but the fact they even finished it is simply sad. I have no idea what to tell you to search for in regard to the last discussion but its a hunk in mine and many many other peoples opinions here. If you know anything about Turbos thats nothing but a show junk piece.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont care if its a "show junk piece" Its still a beautiful car. Yea maybe it wont kick ass on the drag strip but if I had that much work into the body I wouldnt be racing it at all.

Nick

20. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i think it looks good nice restro, 8 tourbos seem a bit much, besides it looks way too clean to have ever been driven must be a queen ( of a trailer)

i am sure that guy thinks bulding up trucks is stupis too /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    so stick with what ya like /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif