Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Checked my RTI and dont know how it compares?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Sep 21, 2005.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all I checked my RTI today on a 25 deg ramp. I am not sure if this is very good for my combo or not but I scored a 788 on the ramp. The info on the blazer is 1979, 2.5" stock length springs on the front, 7" long shackles moved forwards and gives another 3/4" lift. I have installed 14" shocks front and rear. I have removed all spring clamps for more droop. The rear has a shackle flip.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Pretty good on a 25 degree ramp! You went up 84", huh?

If I do my math right, you get lower RTI scores the higher angled ramps.

I was fiddling about today using my engine hoist to pull up the axles, see how my (lack of) flex is... according to

http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-corner/rti.htm

I scored ~670 on a 25 degree ramp and ~820 on a 20. Note this is all without an actual ramp and fudgy suspect math at best.

I have these Rancho 4" springs up front that are stiiiiiiiiiiiiiff as a board (but they were free!) and stock 52"s in back with a flip. This winter I'm gonna do crossover, 52's in front, and 56's in back, so I wanted to get some 'before' measurements.

If you have frequent access to the ramp, it's a handy way to check the usefulness of greaseable bushings (supposed to get you a few points just on their own) and whatever other tweaks you may do. Obviously it's not a guarantee of how your rig will perform in The Real World (Neo), but it's a start.

-- A

3. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

It was just a fraction under 84". The front end flexes so much better with the longer shackles and longer shocks, The ride is much softer too! I think another thing that has helped is running rubber bushings and running less torque on all the shackles. I did notice a couple new problems! First Is my drag link is binding with all the new flex and I CANT STEER! :doah: I guess I need to do a crossover now. I also noticed my stainless brake lines are getting pretty tight :( I think my next mod is going to be 56" springs in the rear to get a little more flex, Plus now with my goofing around with this thing my rear springs are getting a little waivy. I guess its like a house the things never finished, atleast until you sell it then you get to start all over again :haha: