Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

checking fuel pressure

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tx_sub, Mar 19, 2004.

1. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

what is the easiest way to test the fuel pressure going to the tbi in a 91 350 tbi burb? does it have that port to hook up a guage? schraeder valve it might be called. or do i have to plumb in a valve or tap into the line with a guage? thanks

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

will have to tap or go inline at the TBI somehow

is truck not running/starting right? what symptoms ?

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, i haven't actually seen a permanent fuel pressure gauge for the TBI, auto parts stores sell the inline tool that you unbolt the hard line from the TB unit and install this tool the plug in the hard line into the tool, but as i mentioned, it's not a permanent deal like a setup on a TPI unit with the schrader valve, those were nice.

Or do as was mentioned in the previous post and cut the hard line somewhere and install your own kind of fuel pressure gauge. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Go to NAPA and have them look in the Echlin/Carb. Illustrated book. I don't ahve the P/N off hand, but I can get it for you tomorrow.

Anyhow, there is an inline adapter that is made by echlin the goes between the fuel supply line and the throttle body. Then it has a 1/4"NPT port that you can put whatever you want in..I threaded in an 1/4" NPT--> -4AN/JIC fitting and put the AutoMeter braided stainless line on it and have a Mech FP gauge mounted on my hood....

I will get the part number tomorrow and post some pics of my FP gauge...

Chris

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, post that part number when you get it, i would be interested in this item as well. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I have the old fuel pressure gauge from my Iroc-Z i had, just no way of hooking it up to my current setup on the Burb, that would be nice to have that hooked up again.