Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Checking in...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtn. burb, May 24, 2005.

1. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Been working in Las Vegas last week. Now I understand why it it said to be the fastset growing city in America. Our branch there is mega busy pumping concrete.

One cool thing was I was invited to attend the Academy of Country Music "New Artists" show last Monday at the Mandalay Bay hotel. We had backstage passes, so we sat at a table next to the stage, on the side.

First performer was Gretchen Wilson, then Josh Taylor, Julie Roberts, Josh Gracin, and Big and Rich.

Free everything, including the eats. :cool1:

Trying to get my Doubler together...drove from Bakersfield to Burbank to go to The GM Truck Center. Need them to locate my TH400 tailhousing / adapter. I got to meet David Kennedy from 4 Wheel & Offroad Magazine, doing a photo shoot on their Chevy build up. A very nice guy, it was a pleasure meeting with him.

That made a very hectic day more fun.

:thumb:

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats pretty dang cool
    i love vegas cant wait to go back :D
    though i think nothing will top my all expinses paid nascar weekend trip

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sounds like fun!

Did you happen to meet any of the country artists??...or were they whisked away before anyone could get an autograph?...Usually country artists will stay to sign for fans after a show..

I went to a concert sunday night in Lebanon NH,one of my favorite female vocalists Kathy Mattea was playing there to help raise money for needy kids in northern NH...her show raised 80,000 dollars,the record amount so far for any concert held in the Opera house there in Lebanon.. :waytogo:

I've been in her fan club 14 years!--she's a great singer,and a wonderful personality--I've met her after shows many times,and have gone to her fan club party in nashville 4 times in the 90's-(I want to go badly again,but havent been able too since 1997--with my moms health failing fast,its not possible to go again this year too :frown1: bums me out!)..

Kathy is going thru the same thing with her mother too,she told me she has been expecting "the call" anytime,and was hoping to see her mom on her way back to TN monday..She is very compassionate when it comes to her fans--when I told her my mom was very ill,she gave me a long hug,and I felt much better after seeing her in concert and getting to talk with her again,after waiting nearly 2 years since her last show in MA...She's a sweetheart!...her music and friendship has gotten me thru some very tough times in my life.. :grin:

I love her,and Rhonda Vincent and Suzy Bogguss the most--I've met them all many times and they are the nicest persons you'll ever meet!..as you may have read in my signature,Rhonda shocked the S*** out of me a few months ago when she called me up onstage and handed me a set of car keys!--She actually bought me a car,when she heard I was out of work and struggling to care for my mom,and had many vehicular problems over the winter!.. :laugh: --I never expected her to do anything like that!... :blush:

Thats why to me,country and bluegrass artists are the best!...not only do they make good music,they are not afraid to help others in need..I dont think Kathy made much money for herself the other night,and she had to come all the way to NH just for that one show,because the original date (may 6th) was postponed due to her mother in law passing away 2 days before..no other shows scheduled...and with her mom's condition on her mind,it must hve been hard for her..but you never saw any sign of it during her show--she was awesome!...cant wait for her next show in July near me... :D

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you lucky dog, well bear. :D that is cool, BERN. did you get pics????? :grin:

5. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I got some pics of Gretchen on stage. But my dang Camedia program will not let me email or export pictures.

That's why I don't post pics, really frustrating.

Big and Rich were hanging around the food area, Gretchen was somewhere in another room.

But hey, the 4Wheel technical editor was cool.

They are building a Chevy pickup with a Ram Jet 350 for this years Ultimate Adventure rig.

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Can you comnnect your camera as an external drive? Does it use a card? May want to try a card reader