Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

chem-dip carb cleaner

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jan 25, 2004.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

can i use this stuff inside?? it says use between 70-90F, and its wayy to cold outside,

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    can i use this stuff inside?? it says use between 70-90F, and its wayy to cold outside,

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. If that is the same stuff that I've used, the fumes are pretty nasty, possibly caustic /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. They will make the house stink for quite a while. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

oh well..maybe ill have my dad take it to work..or maybe ill do it in school..

4. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

You talking about the gallon can with the basket inside it? I used mine inside, when I rebuilt my carb, but my garage is well ventilated. It does have a nasty smell, and if I hadn't had a decent draft in the garage, I could see some brain cells goin' bye-bye. I did feel a bit nauseous when I caught a few whiff's, before I opened some windows. I suggest wearing gloves when you mess with it. I didn't, no matter how much I scrubbed, that stank was on my hands for about a week.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea..but i was actually talking about using it in the house /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. im ganna take it with me to the auto shop when i go wed. afternoon

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh def dont want to use it in the house, my mother about shot me when i 4got to put the lid on one night in the garage next mornin whole house had a nice yummy kill all my brain cells odor to it.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif yea i had an open thing of gas in the basment in the little work shop, (and our basement is finished of so were always down there) and the next week it smelled of gas so bad. i think i was rebiulding the moter of my minbike.

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Just leave the sealed can inside for a while to warm it up, take it outside and put all your parts in it and seal it back up. Then bring it back into the house.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hmmm good idea.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

umm do they sell bigger stuff of this cause none fo the parts but for the float bowls even fit in the can.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif