Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chemistry or not?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by outlawtorn, Oct 3, 2005.

1. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Well im stuck.... I took chemistry this year without actually needing it because i already have all of my credits for science. Well As soon as the class started i wanted to drop it... and i thought " nah ill ride it out, an extra credit cant hurt" well now im a month into it and im completely lost in this class and i see no hopes for me to regain any ground at all.

Ok so now heres the deal... If i drop the class now i wont be able to take a full year class for 1 credit, ill be stuck with half credit classes. And me being a slacker i took the smallest load possible so i need the full credit to be a senior next year......but if i take a half credit class and then just add another half credit class onto next year ill only be a junior for half the year and ill still be able to graduate next year.

Do you guys think i should go for it? I dont wanna waste a whole year in the class just to fail it and then next year ill have to be a junior again the entire year and fall a year behind. This sucks ass :doah: :(

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Are we talking high school chem or college chem?

If it's high school chem, take it, study the hell out of it, cause you're gonna need it when you get to college. Trust me, I wish I had.

3. outlawtorn

highschool chem.... and thats the same response im getting from everyone lol. Well maybe ill start putting my mind into it and stop slacking... just seems like i dug myself a grave already lol.

4. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is STOP DIGGING. :rolleyes:

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's very early October...even if you slept through every class so far this year you'd only be what...3 weeks behind? Suck it up and hit the books, ask for help. You'll thank yourself later.

Rene

6. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

you can drop classes in high school??? we never had that option. :confused:

7. outlawtorn

We're not really suppose to but if you talk to your counsler and give a valid reason they drop them without batting an eye. Im only a month behind and im skinning by with a c- but i just dont think im gonna get this stuff lol... the last couple days ive been trying and i just get frustrated more because the teacher doesnt go through it enough. Maybe i just need a new teacher.

8. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Study your ass off and catch up as best you can. You'll thank yourself when you're sitting in that college chem lecture.

9. josh86k10

josh86k10 1/2 ton status

Study and catch up. Here at my University chemistry 121 is the most failed course on campus. College chemistry is hard and required by a bunch of majors. You'll need all the help you can get. I've taken both generals, both organics, and both biochem's. Highschool chemistry is important, start studying now! Now I'll get off my soapbox.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  10. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Come on Sean, Chem 112 here is way harder than anything in high school. :p:

Stick with it man, it'll be worth it in the end. If you need help just shoot me an IM, I'm pretty good with chem. concepts.

11. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Same here, if you need some help shoot me a PM or IM, and Ill see what I can do. Ive done pretty well in chem in the past semesters.

12. outlawtorn

I just need to put my mind to it lol... all my other classes i just float along and then this one just slaps me in the face. Thanks guys i just needed a boot in the ass... all my friends are the typical highschool kids so they think its a sweet idea lmao :o

13. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Dude... just start asking us... type your chem problems here, and we'll help you solve them and understand them... (note: this does not mean we will solve them for you) I love helping on science stuff... actually, I love helping with any school work, as long as it isn't my own. =)

14. outlawtorn

Alright will do man... Im pretty sure ill be alright i just gotta put my mind into it and stop day dreaming about rolling the blazer :o

But if i ever do have a problem, youll guys will be the first to know lol.