Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheney v. Edwards

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Oct 5, 2004.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

What do you guys think? Whose gonna win tonite?

2. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Cheney has years of political experience, and he's a mean SOB. Edwards is a trial lawyer who lacks political experience is is too "pretty" to hold up against the Cheney onslaught. This is gonna be funny. Unfortunately, my wife will have to record it and I'll watch it tomorrow before I go to work because I have to work tonite.

3. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I think Cheney's gonna chew up that schoolboy and spit him out. My only worry is that Cheney runs the risk of seeming mean or bullying, which is what he's always accused of, but I think Edwards smarmy lawyer act will get him in trouble as well. Maybe he can "channel" the spirit of a dead child, a jury bought it but I don't think the American public will. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I hope I'm right.

4. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Cheney has a hole to try and climb out of with the war in Iraq. Edwards has a hole to climb into by convincing people he and Kerry can do the job better (and explain how). I dont think this debate will have much bearing on anything, other than possible good entertainment if Cheney's blood pressure gets up. Who knows?

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

it should be fun to watch. Cheney has a very controlled, calm, confident way about his presentation that is pretty tough to beat IMO. I'm waiting for Edwards to get flustered and start talking about how a 4 month old baby girl is "inside him" telling him what to do...

j

6. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Cheney is known as Darth Vader when it comes to debating, but Edwards is a badass lawyer, so it should be better to watch than the Pres. debate

7. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I just turned it on, and all I gotta say so far is GO DICK, GO DICK, GO DICK!

He's hammering John, and John has nothing to say in response, he just changes the subject.

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

John Edwards isn't a very good debater, is he...

9. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I've learned more from these two debating than the pres and kerry... kerry and edwards are still fuktards, but I my vote has pretty well be solidified with cheneys side/point of view.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Agreed... I told my wife there's a compressor under the table pumping freon through cheney's veins... That guy is cool as a cucumber, totaly unfluster-able.

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    All I know is Edwards is pretty damn good at saying "We can do better than that" He must have said it like 5000 times tonight /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The "Dick" was calm and cool IMO.

12. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    All I know is Edwards is pretty damn good at saying "We can do better than that" He must have said it like 5000 times tonight /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The "Dick" was calm and cool IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

he kept saysing "and Kerry" "oh wait I broke the rule" I can't use his name what two three times in two minutes /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

I think they just like to hear their name and voices talking

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Edwards reminds Me of a used car salesman, and sounds about as crooked as one.

14. jjlaughner

I was waiting for edwards to go [insert 6yr old voice] "NAH UH"

how many people think we'll will find osama right before elections? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

15. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

of course they will find him in November. Anything to turn the masses attention from that shitstorm in Iraq. Come home soon brothers!

16. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Very good debate! I must admit though; Cheney is a very impressive liar. I can't believe he can keep a straight face as he speaks to the American people. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

Edward did a superb job educating the American people on the truth! His experience as a Lawyer really showed when he placed the record of the Bush Administration on trial! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

Friday's debate will be a good one, Kerry will further dismantle Bush. No wait! Bush will do it to himself! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Can't wait to see it! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif [​IMG]

17. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

So the pres. and VP are wholly to blame for those numbers. If thats what you think, then me thinks you are a douche.

18. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Edward did a superb job educating the American people on the truth! His experience as a Lawyer

[/ QUOTE ]
    How can you say that with a straight face? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif You find ONE politician (Democrat, Republican, or otherwise) that isn't an accomplished liar, and I will personally kiss your a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

John

19. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Remember, he's trying real hard to be "positive". /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

20. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Im more or less voting for Kerry, but, I gotta admit that Cheney was the winner last night. Edwards was simply outgunned. Cheney is like a walking encyclopedia of american politics. Very respectable performance by Cheney, and a nice try by Edwards. I want to see what happens friday night.