Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cherry bomb glasspack

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Project, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Project

Project Registered Member

hi guys,
    i did some search but i didn't get the answer that i wanted.
    i'm putting cherry bomb glass pack mufflers with flowtech shorty headers on my toyota pick up(it has a 350 chevy engine with sm465/np205).you think it's gonna be loud or what!!! i already have 3 noise violation and i dont wanna get any more!!!!

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

I think it depends on the glasspack... in my experience some are much louder than others. That being said if they are of the noisier variety then they probably will be pretty loud.

3. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

If you truly want it to be quite then use 2 or 3 chamber flowmasters and use an h pipe or preferably an x pipe. The crossover will help quiten the exhaust and improve performance. It might be difficult however to find someone who can do this on a 4wd and might not be cheap. There are other mufflers that will work but I have seen dyno results show a 25 hp improvement over glasspacks on a stock 350.

4. Project

Project Registered Member

25 hp sounds great, i bought those mufflers for 29 bucks on ebay, he still got some more, if any body needs'em.
    thanks everybody.

5. '72brett

'72brett 1/2 ton status

I have the cherry bombs on my 350, I have nevr had anyone, other than my neighbors tell me it was too loud. They sound great, and they are pretty cheap.

6. brandoneh

brandoneh 1/2 ton status

My friend had a tuneable muffler on his 350 and it sounded really mean....i forgot what it was called, it was a while ago. My dad has DYNOMAX mufflers on his Chev, and it sounds pretty throaty. I know they make a "RAPTOR" series which is supposed to be close the flowmasters and those are cheap. They also make the "TURBO" series which does no good as far as flow. I used to work for Schuck's Auto Supply (Checker Schucks and Kragen) and the raptor series mufflers were pretty cheap and had good flow. Hmmmm.....the question is now, 3 inch or 2.5 on a 350? 3 inch would be pretty sweet! but is it worth it?
    /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

SuperTrapp's are tunable with difuser discs. The superturbo dynomax are supposed to be pretty good from what I understand just a different sound but pretty free flowing. I believe the hooker aerochambers outflowed most including flows.