Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chev 350 vs. Pont 350

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Wally81k5, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Hey everyone, I may be getting another engine for a real good deal, but it comes from a 1982 buick car.... my question is, how can i tell if its a chev 350? Please help me!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

An 82 Buick would not have a Pontiac 350...and if it's a Buick 350 the dist will be up front and mounted at an angle.

Rene

3. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

so for sure then if the dist is in the back like my 350 then it's a 350 chev? Anything else i can check, just to make sure?

And also, how much CDN is a 350 4 bolt complete that just needs assembly worth?

Oh yeah, hey trustyk5 my folks live it surrey. I used to but i moved up here! Nice blazer.

4. tRustyK5

If the dist is in the back it would be a small block, but i highly doubt it would be a 350 sbc in an 82 buick. Our neighbor had an 81 Olds with a small block...it was a 267 or some other smog pig.

Thumper lives in Cold Lake, and my wife has family in the Bonneyville area. Nice area up there!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

A 350 4 bolt that just needs assembly...is worth whatever the market will bear i suppose. I'm usually leery of any motor that had a rebuild started or 'just needs assembly'. I've seen too many rattle can rebuilds out there...

Rene

5. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Well i guess i'll have to check some casting numbers. The guy who has it and everyone else has told me it's a 350 but i want to be sure. Thansk for your help rene.

Yeah i know thumper, actually my blazer is behind his house getting the body welded back together. Should be a nice truck when it's done. All i need is 4" springs for the front and 35" rubber, Then alot of putting together.

Where do you go wheelin' around surrey? I may have to drive my balzer home one time and check it out.

6. Wally81k5

Wally81k5 1/2 ton status

Well i guess i'll have to check some casting numbers. The guy who has it and everyone else has told me it's a 350 but i want to be sure. Do you know a good site that will tell me those numbers? Thanks for your help rene.

Yeah i know thumper, actually my blazer is behind his house getting the body welded back together. Should be a nice truck when it's done. All i need is 4" springs for the front and 35" rubber, Then alot of putting together.

Where do you go wheelin' around surrey? I may have to drive my balzer home one time and check it out.

7. tRustyK5

Our club has regular runs from the Pemberton area down to Harrison, Chilliwack river area, and occasionally down into WA state.

Check out www.mortec.com for casting numbers.

Rene