Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevron Delo

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by onlychevy6, Nov 14, 2005.

1. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

How many of you run the chevron delo diesel oil in your gas rigs? I was turned on to this and was surprised it actually works.:eek1:

Was told it burns cleaner than standard oil.

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I dunno, maybe just bad luck,,,but the one and only time i ran oil designed for diesel trucks/engines, it tore up my cam and lifters within the "oil change" time frame.

oil drained out looking like BLAAACK water,,,and when the motor was tore apart, the cam was severely worn.

never ran it since and never had problems with wore out cams.

3. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Why in God's name do you want to run diesel oil in your gasoline engine? And even better, why do you want your oil to BURN cleaner??? You don't want your oil to burn at all. Just use an oil designed for gasoline engines. You don't see guys running gasoline motor oil in their diesels....and if you do that on something with a warranty, consider your warrnty GONE.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Been using Delo 400 in everything for about a year. Oil looks like normal used oil coming out.

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

it has more detergents than standard oil and probably lasts longer than standard oil due to the fact that most gas engines do not see the same amount of abuse that diesels do.

6. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i run rotella in mine. its not the same brand but its made for diesel engines. its all ive ever ran so i cant really compare it to regular motor oil. i mostly run it because my dad works as a tractor mechanic and gets it for free