Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy 1500 fuel assembly question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kujeepguy, Jul 8, 2003.

1. kujeepguy

kujeepguy Newbie

Problem: Past couple weeks truck has been running lean, having trouble accelerating and putting when I try and up hills are nearly always engine killers. I replaced the fuel filter and for about one day it would run well then same problems. After three filters I figure it must be the fuel pump not pumping at the right pressure (thus flowing normal with a new clean filter and less effective with a dirty one)

Tonight I worked on removing the fuel tank to get to the fuel pump but I encountered two very crappy hoses that had rusted nozzle ends on them and one side went to the engine and the other up to the floating fuel assembly on top. First one was a b1tch to say the least. The second one I got my dad to help me with and we decided a different approach but the pipe was just too rusted and too stubborn and weak and with him pushing one way and I another the (small) pipe twisted and we decided that if its this weak to just get it off and replace the whole fuel assembly along with the pump.

My question. Anyone know of any good places to get some good reliable and cheap chevy 1/2 ton 5.7L fuel assembly parts and replacements at?

Also just out of curiosity anything out there that works better than WD-40.

2. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

you could try getting cheap stuff from ur autozone or discount but id go with napa,pepboys, but probley the dealership for factory replacement fuel pump. you could go to a junkyard and get one off a wrecked truck. hope this helps. i replaced mine wiht one from the dealership it went out at a GAS station Im just glade i didnt fill the truck up!