Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy 350 carb...

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by straycowboy, Mar 6, 2004.

1. straycowboy

straycowboy Registered Member

I am looking for a carb to put on my 'Burban. I have a 350 in there. I am looking for something cheap, or to trade anything off of a '79 Blazer. Email me if your interested! Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i got a rebuilt carter quadrajet. $50

may trade for the front drive shaft /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

this post belongs in the parts wanted forum so ill move it there for you /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i have a few good used ones if anyone needs, but i have to know if you need one with:

intake mounted carb or not,

th350 or manual trans/th400, or 700r4(82-up)

cable with round clip linkage, or rod style linkage

i can rebuild these and have great luck in doing so with these, rochester and carter both,
    what i do is totally disassemble them and pick out the parts that are plastic or rubber and that have to be reused,
    and i soak the three main parts of the carb and also any metal parts that have to be reused, and soak them for a few hours or up to one night,
    i soak them in 5 gallons of carb acid, then i rinse them off with water and air blast them dry.
    then i break out the carb rebuild kit of choice and replace everything that i can that comes in the kit and then i set float level and spray everything with WD40 and then reassemble the carb, and now then its ready to go