Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy 63" Springs do they exists or just a GHOAST!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by imaginepro, Jun 14, 2004.

1. imaginepro

imaginepro Registered Member

Chevy 63\" Springs do they exists or just a GHOAST!

I am looking to redo my suspension and I need to do a leaf spring set up. It is my every day driver right now so I can't do link yet. So I read someware that you can get 63" leafs so I am wondering should I get if I can find them 63" leafs or do the 57" ford springs (that AK57 setup). If you guys could tell me where I might be able to find some that would be awsome.

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: Chevy 63\" Springs do they exists or just a GHOAST!

63" chevy springs are off of 88 and new IFS rigs rear ends. 2wd and 4x4 models work . the 5" fords are off of 2wd ford f150's anywhere between the 70's to 90's the newer the better of coarse for lifespan and bushings/teflon pads.

i'd go junkyard 1st then if nothing local you can always go new or try a local 4x4 and see if they have done any recent lifts on the above rigs.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow that would be some trippy stuff if 63s didn't exist, seeing as I've been pushing a set around the driveway the past couple months /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I just second what 55Willy said since this is a suspension thread and apparently I am required to reply as is 55Willy.

4. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

the junk yard is your best option just make sure you pick the right truck.

remember us wheelers are the only ones wanting these springs so they should be cheap and plentifull even in st.george.
    if you cant find a set there is a wrecking yard in vegas that only has trucks. I know the lady that owns it and she will kook you up if you have to travel down. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. imaginepro

imaginepro Registered Member

ya that would be awsome. what kind of truck should I look for Make/Model /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    ya that would be awsome. what kind of truck should I look for Make/Model /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

go back and re-read the first couple of replies.
    I will just make it easier 88 and newer half ton chevy pickups 2 or 4wheel drive.

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Try stopping by a 4x4 shop. They might have a set off a new truck they are tossing out. That's how I got a set /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

actually it can be 3/4 ton as well. 2wd and 4x4 1/2 ton springs are different. One is 3 leaf the other is 4. all heavy 3/4ton(8 lug axle) are 5 leaf. Any of these setups will work under a blazer though.

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

One more note on this. They are on the IFS pickups. The 2DR Yukon/Tahoe/Blazer rear springs are about the same legenth as the K5s. They are only about 2" longer (54"). Not sure on the 'sub or 4DR Tahoe/Yukon.

10. dreadstealth

dreadstealth Registered Member

how well do they flex and how much does it lift the truck.:thinking::confused:

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

they flex like monsters, and lift? depends how you do it. If you were to install them in the stock fashion replacing stock springs, you'd lose height. 63(4)s are long and flat. Makes them flex great, but provide little lift since there is little arch in them. Have to move both front and rear hangers on the rear springs, and in doing so that is where you get your lift. Say with an ORD or DIY4x shackle flip and moving the front hanger a little lower as well.