Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy 6X6 in Four Wheeler

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Cavalry, May 22, 2001.

1. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Pretty neat rig, looks very well engineered for the most part (why it has a 208 and D44 I dont understand however)
    I noticed one of the 14bolts pumpkins is offset, anyone know if this was ever done factory, or did the guy shorten a tube, make one longer, and have custom shafts made?

"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness"
    Luke
    84 K5 [​IMG]

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I saw this truck in person at a 4-Wheel Jamboree a couple of years ago. You could definitely tell the guy actually uses it, and the fabrication did look pretty good.
    I've never seen a 14-bolt with an offset from the factory, so I'm guessing it was custom made.....though I could be wrong.
    I'm with you on the front, as you would expect a Dana 60, but I have never seen a farm truck break a front end from hauling loads around (the rear takes most of the abuse).

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Any pics?? [​IMG]

- SlyDog [​IMG]

4. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I'm at a loss as to why he put the axles so close together. It is running 33's and it looks like he couldn't fit too much larger of a tire without them touching. Of course, he may never want to run larger than 33's.
    -- Mike

5. Hathaway

Hathaway 1/2 ton status

The guy uses the truck hard from the sounds of it. And I'm sure with just 33's on it its no fun bucking hay bales up into the back. Doubt he has any real need for larger.

I'm jealous of guys that have a 14bolt FF under their rigs, and THIS guy has two, sheesh, lucky dog [​IMG]

Dan, '86 K5, 5.0L v8, NP208, TH700R4, open 10bolts front and rear, 3.43gearing, K&N filter, 31x10.50R15 Trailhandlers