Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy Duty Screws Up Again

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mybeast, Dec 24, 2000.

1. mybeast

mybeast Registered Member

I've been trying to get the right door panels for 3 months. Just got my third set in the mail. There wrong again. I'm sending them back and i'm going to try someone else.
    On an unrelated note. Does anyone make an adapter that would turn 6 lug to 8. I'm going to get a 14bb and can't afford to do the dana 60 at the same time, and I really don't want to run 2 diff. rims.

When all else fails MASH the skinny pedal!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

If your ratios are the same just swap the outers on your frontend to 8 lug[​IMG] You don't need a Dana 60 to have the pleasure of having 8 lug wheels front and back!

Rene

[​IMG]

3. 82K5

82K5 1/2 ton status

i've been down to chevy duty a few times. the downside on them is that the guy who owns it pays these kids like 6 bucks an hour and for the most part that's the kind of help you get from them. you can go in there and wait 10-15 minutes for someone to come out of the back to help you. also what sucks is that most of the help knows zero about cars, trucks, chevys or anything not related to beer or spliffs. on the upside he's got a cherry '70 blazer black/black and a '87 shortbed silverado pickup red/black with about 50 miles on the OD sitting in the showroom of this place.

Phil from K.C.
    1982 K5 Blazer Silverado
    Built in Flint, Michigan-January 1982
    It has one of the very first 700R4 transmissions ever built.

4. mybeast

tRustyK5 thanks for the info thats good to know. I'd hate to drive around with 2 Welds and 2 blk Rockcrawlers.

5. mybeast

82K5 that explains everything.