Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy Duty?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chevy305, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just got an e-mail that Chevy Duty is having a sale of 10% off. So I really want to take advantage of this since I am getting ready to order a ton of body and related parts. And I need to know if these guys have quality parts.

I kinda worries me that the fenders are only $70. I don't think I want cheap tiwan fenders that don't fit. The fenders are the only pieces I am really worried about. I have heard good things about Chevy Duty, but I want to know if anyone hear has dealt with them first hand and how good the quality is on their body parts.

2. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

Their stuff is top notch, but IIRC the are called Classic parts now, but everything ive ordered was good stuff, better than LMC IMO.

3. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

they are now classic parts. I just placed an order with em and was highly disappointed with em. the parts were very poor quality. But i have placed orders with em previously and it was never as bad

4. neverendingproject

What did you get?

I got a full set of window seals and everything and the stuff fit perfect.

5. MTChevy

i got new sideview mirrors ( used 75% of my old ones) The straps for the door pulls were junk, the holes were mismatched. And the covers for the straps on one of em had broke off tab, and one was scratched to hell... but every other order ive made stuff has been good? :confused:

6. neverendingproject

I think the straps have funky holes from the factory.

7. Chevy305

I'm not really worried about the smaller details like interior straps. I need mainly sheet metal and a few other parts.

8. MTChevy

there was a post a while back on ordering sheetmetal from LMC and Chevy Duty. I cant remember what the general consensus was.

9. goldwing2000

goldwing2000 Guest

Basically, you get what you pay for.

I think there are two or three different grades of parts: Factory Replacement, Domestic Reproduction and Imported Reproduction.

The more it costs, the better it will fit and the less :hack::grind: you will have to do. How good it looks depends on how much you want to spend (both in time and money).

10. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Dude, didn't everybody just get done tellin you that all the aftermarket part suppliers of body panels all sell the same cheap Chines made stuff, from the same Chines suppliers, when you aked about paddock? :rolleyes:

11. Chevy305

yeah I know, but my problem is time. I would like to find original used front fenders but in my area they are a little hard to find rust free. So I think I will just replace them with repros

12. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

call Certi-fit!!

I'd call Certi-Fit in Randolph MA,and get prices from them--they might sell only to distributors like parts stores ,and direct to body shops though..my friend has a catolog and an account there..If I remember right,fenders for a 73-87 truck weren't much more than 50 bucks each..

A place anyone can buy from is R.C. Truck in Brockton ,on the West Bridgewater/Brockton MA line..I get a lot of stuff there,cheap money, and as good as any other place is,as far as quality..they sell gas tanks ,sending units,springs,shackles,u-bolts,starters and alternators,brake parts,body panels like rockers and cab corners,floors,weatherstripping,etc..:crazy: