Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy K10 questions - Please help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by h0nke, May 22, 2005.

1. h0nke

h0nke Registered Member

I have a 73 Chevy K10 with Dana44 front. I want to do crossover steering but am wondering is it really worth it? How does it drive afterwards (on and off road)? I am running 35" tires now but plan to run 37" or 38.5" soon.

If I take off my blocks in the rear (6" Skyjacker kit) and put 4" springs and 4" shackle flip will my dual shock kit from my 6" lift still work?

I have 12bolt rear with factory (i think) limited slip - Can't I replace the carrier with a non-limited slip and then install a locker?

Has anyone put disc brakes on a 12bolt? How do you like it over drum? Is it worth the $$$?

Thanks guys for all your help :cool1: .

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

1. Its worth it , not taking a strap because ya can turn the tires is a good thing , I know and am gonna go crossover soon .

2. Shocks may work , but ya need to cycle to suspension to see if it limits up/down travel , and move mounts if neccessary . I have longer fronts than needed , and have been to lazy to do new mounts myself , but it works well for me for now , I hit my fenders before I bottom the shocks .

3. Yes , locker good , I run a 12 bolt with a lockright .

4. Another someday thing for me on all my projects and DD . Have 4 wheel discs on wifes car though , and that thing rocks