Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy luv whith boggers!?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Nov 13, 2002.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

I just found a set of boggers that should fit my truck once i lift it! They (allegidly) make Supper Swamper TSLs (are thses a good tire? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif) in a 28x8.50x14. Well if they designat tires the way i think they do ( overall hieght x overall tread width x wheel size) Then i will have a set of boggers on my luv! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Good Lord, man. Those things are only 2 inches taller than my bike tires. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I guess you've got to work with what you're given. Go for it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

hey i showed a jeep up hill climbing on street tires, ask mountain explorer he was there! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

dude, chevy luvs KICK A$$. i got an 80 2wd. i wish i could afford some boggers!! thats gonna be awsome when you do it. i want to see some pics. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Wow this is like seeing my high school years all over agine. I to had a LUV in school. I was good for me cheap on gas and would take most trails ( I'm talking 80's trails not like today's trails) I tried all the tricks to get bigger tires on it. I did a body lift and cranked up the torshin bars but all that did was eat up cv joints and steering linkage. So then I saw an add for a Buick V6 and swapped that puppy in along with a turbo 350 mated to the stock t-case. Well it wasn't long till the front end gave out. I then welded up some mounts and swapped in a set of Scout axel's and fresh coat of rattel can grey primer. after a few months of stuff breaking (it was really a POS) I cut it into piece's and tossed it in the dumpster in auto shop and never looked back.

6. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

for christmass im getting a set of A/Ts for my truck. the boggers wont be untill fall ($75 bucks a piece). You should check out my pics, theres my hill climbing in there! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

so far my truck hasnt had any problems whith the front end (i even hit a camle hump at the orv park at 50mph and got mad air /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif) im not going to do anything too extreme to it just lifing it 2" so i can clear bigger tires and im rebuilding the front end this winter anyway. it will be cool ill be taking picture all the way along (i hope i can learn ho to take good ones whith my bros digital camera /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif).

8. edman87

edman87 Registered Member

Don't get exited too quick. Here is my understanding on swampers, I could be wrong.
    28x8.50.14 is only aval. in tsl-no radials or boggers
    The smallest bogger I have ever seen is a 33"- they would probably look way cool on a LUV.
    They have put out a couple of new types of swampers in the last couple of years- maybe 28"boggers are out there.
    Good luck!

9. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well, TSLs and Boggers are different tires........The smallest Bogger I know of is about a 31x12.50 which would be pretty big for a Luv.

10. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

im still perty new to the tire thing, the add said swamper/boggers and i just got carried away methinks (newbie mistake i admit it! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

11. Flexy K20

Flexy K20 1/2 ton status

I am sorry I feel like an idiot, what is a LUV's? I am really surious. Later

12. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Small compact pickup Chevy built in the 80s. Its similar in dimensions to a Furd Courier pickup or a Toyota. They're pretty cool, my friend drove one every day for years until the engine fell apart.

Will

13. joker89blazer

joker89blazer 1/2 ton status

Chevy luv was built by isuzu[sp?].
    Imported by chevy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

15. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Heres a Luv /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG]

My dad had one when I was in jr high...It was actually a cool little truck.