Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CHEVY LUV

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jesswilliams, Oct 14, 2004.

1. jesswilliams

jesswilliams Registered Member

I searched, but, have not found much info on SAS on 72-80 LUV trucks. I want to build a light weight rig and salvage the D60,14ff,LT-1,700r4 and put my 3/4ton axles and 6.2 back in k5. I also thought about an S10, but, may try something different. I will be running Tellico and other trails in the Southeast. If you have any pics or info please help me.

Thanks,
    Jess

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

a member here has a video of a ,ove with a big block,sweet as hell.my wife got rid of it when she -cleaned up HER computer- /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifother than that bro i don't know. someone here will help. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Well, I know there's a guy on here that has a nice 4x4 LUV, but I can't remember his name.

Anyways, the guys at www.luvtruck.com are a great help. Most of them are more geared towards hot-rodding, but there's quite a few 4x4 guys too.

I used to own a '79 LUV with a 350 sbc in it. The thing was lightining fast since it didn't weigh much. They're fun little trucks.

EDIT: MEPR! That's the guys name. 'MEPR'

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I saw a girl's 4H project that was putting a SB400 into a LUV. Don't know if she ever finished.

My dad had LUV. I thought there were a decent looking little truck. Gutless as hell. But if all your using is the body, it should be a nice build.

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

4H /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

My Buddies Luv. sb350 with a bug catcher TH 350 tranny, S10 10 bolt. [​IMG]