Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy Parts into Jeep

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TXsizeK5, Dec 24, 2002.

1. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

How hard would it be/ how much work is it to put a TBI 350 and 10bolt axles, and put them to fit a 86 CJ7 that has a manual tranny? (not exactly sure what axles or what tranny it has) but i know my buddy has put his own rebuilt 6 cyl in it... he also put in tranny and redid everything, all work done himnself.

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

The motor is easy as long as you have the right bell housing. I dont think the 10 bolts are worth it. Find some non quadratrac waggy 44's. They bolt right up and are actually worth putting some money into.

3. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    wouldn't you have to go through a whole lot of hassle to get the 10 bolts the correct width? Would that involve cutting the axle tube down and rewelding eveything up and getting custom lenght axle shafts?

4. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

I've seen a few jeeps with full size truck axles. They stick out kinda far, I don't guess it's street legal.

5. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

and 86 should have a D44 in the rear and possibly a 35 up front, the I6s are great motors, have a 258 I6 in my 85 CJ7, rebuilt with Clifford 6=8 performance parts, has amazing torque and a nice amount of HP. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

There are alot of heeps on fullsaze axles out here in AZ. They are street legal here because they are considered a station wagon, just like the K5s, burbs, and broncos. No mudflaps or fender flares required. Check you state laws.

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif