Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy Silverado Climate Control problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seabass44, Jul 19, 2005.

1. seabass44

seabass44 Registered Member

it's a 92 4x4 p/u , 87-9? should have same heater-A/C control panel.
    went dead, no lights, = no fan = 113* out & no A/C ! Moms truck :eek1:
    Been GOOGLE searching for 2 days, loklks like it might be as simple as that panel, lot of them on EBAY $30-$120 $170 at dealer, would rather like to know it's the problem before paying $30 starting bid plus shipping. Please help!

& go enter my GIVEAWAY here :bow:

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Check the fuses, and get a wiring diagram and make sure you have power and ground at the panel, but I bet its the panel, they are a common failure.

3. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

as always check all the little stuff first fuses, wires, cables, etc.... the power windows in my dads 94 quit and it was just that the wires disconnected inside the boot where the door opens he figured that out after buying a new regulator... But it is extremly common for the panel to die on thise trucks and that also happened to my dad so it is "most likely" your problem and if i had to bet i'd say that's it but since it's not here for me to look at and i can't drive to my pop's house to look at his the best i can say is make sure nothing simple has been overlooked. :wink1:

4. seabass44

do any of you really think I would not have checked the fuse? :D :D
    my website
    www.12voltguy.com
    LOL
    Bi was if panels were a known problem :p:
    thx for the replys, GOOD LUCK IN THE GIVEAWAY! :bow: :bow:

5. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

wow i feel like a moron

Me: "hey 12VOLTGUY check the fuse."

You: "umm....Fuses are my life moron." :haha:

damn shoulda seen it coming huh :doah:

oh well i guess you best bet is panel replacement let us know how it works out. :D

6. seabass44

:D LOL, well thx anyway :p:
    I pulled the panel, pulled the housing apart, & it is a crappy design, I see why it has problems. There are 2 pc boards, connected at 90* by a very piss poor connection. I moved it around, reinstalled without housing worked, so I put it back together, still working, I will now work on finding a good deal on one through EBAY or JY.
    just so you know, in a pinch this can be bypassed.
    top of connector, pin #2 from left top, ground that pin for HIGH speed fan, & use a switch to jumper A/C pump on. I already have the switch jumped as that quit a year or 2 ago. Perhaps new panel will fix that problem too?

7. oldassjeep

oldassjeep Registered Member

crap, now that you mentioned that my '95 had the same problem. GM made a design change after '95 I think. Had to replace the panel to fix mine.