Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy Sticker Source

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Can Can, Aug 14, 2000.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm not replacing the metal tailgate banner on my K5 when I get it back from the paint shop. Instead I want to install a Chevrolet sticker on my tailgate exactly where the word appears on the banner. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me find a place that sells the older-style logos- lots and lots of new stuff, but no pre-91. I want the font that matches that on my 84. Can anybody help?

If not, does anyone have a jpeg of the logo somewhere on file that I can take to a vinyl shop to get reproduced and cut out for a sticker?

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

How about posting some pics of the Blazer when you get it back from the paint shop? Might get me motivated to finish my own bodywork [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rene <font color=red> 81 K-20 Jimmy </font color=red>
    <font color=green>[​IMG]"God hates a coward"</font color=green>[​IMG]

3. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

I know this is a pick up, but was it similar to the font on this this 82 tail gate? If so I can help. If this is the right size and font, let me know and I'll set you up. I own a vinyl graphics business, and have done a few logo "reproductions".

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com

4. Can Can

Right on, Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for!!!! I was hoping to enlarge it, say, one and a half or two times the size and put in the same place, WITHOUT the banner. Give me an idea of price if you can. I was thinking black for the color(It's going on silver paint). Thanks a lot!!!

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

What would look sweet is if you made the sticker two tone, Like black letters outlined in white or vice versa!

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. Jeff427

Jeff427 1/2 ton status

I can do it in two colors for you, if your interested Emmettology 101. Click the attachment to see an example.

Jeff427
    <font color=red>Mud Dog Off Road Club</font color=red>
    http://muddogoffroad.coloradok5.com

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Thanks Jeff, but I was offering a suggestion for the other person who was asking, but that would look nice!

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

8. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

Hey CanmoreK5. I'm having a little body work done on my blazer and having the five holes in the tailgate plugged because I'm not putting my tailgate panel back on either. I took it off to see what it would like without it (it had a few dings in it anyway) and found all kinds of sand, dirt, mud, bugs, etc. behind it so I cleaned it off and will leave the panel off. I think it looks cool without it on. I was thinking the same thing you were. I am going to have the holes plugged and repainted and will probably put a Chevrolet sticker in its place. I was thinking of putting the decal in the middle of the tailgate. I was thinking of maybe a Chevrolet sticker in cursive writing or something in italics. Should look cool.

CHEVY - "THE HEARTBEAT IS GETTING LOUDER"

9. Can Can

I got Jeff427(he does custom vinyl work- THANKS JEFF!) to reproduce the stock GM font, and enlarged it 150%. I'm going to put in the same place as it is on the tailgate banner, and because I have the two-tone black/silver, I went with a reflective black. The money order goes out tomorrow, and I get the truck back from the paint shop when I get back from holidays in two weeks. When I finally put it on, I'll post some pics....

The tailgate does look kinda' cool without the banner, doesn't it? Plus, the fact that a replacement banner costs $225 CDN sure helped me make my mind up!!!!!!