Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy Tahoe 1995

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by carcouch, Jan 31, 2004.

1. carcouch

carcouch Newbie

Just wondering if someone here has any experience with Chevy Tahoe 1995-96,if so, are they relieable, engine good?

Im looking at one that is in the 99000 mile, is that to much for this car or do they last forever?

Thanks

2. fly_n_hi_yukon

fly_n_hi_yukon Registered Member

NO worries. My '94 Yukon, which is essentially the same as a '95 (TBI vs. Vortec in Late '95 and '96-up) and I haven't had any major problems with it. The stock engine has 165,000ish on it and it still does not burn oil, and runs like a top.
    Probably the biggest problem area would be the 4L60-E transmission. If it shifts good when you get it, just make sure to keep it cool and clean and it should stay happy for awhile.

3. carcouch

carcouch Newbie

Thanks for this

One maybe stupid question, but is there a timebelt og timechain in the engine of the Tahoe.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Timing chain on the 350.

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

On the Vortec 350, expect to change the intake gasket. When you do the repair........take a puch and mark the base of the distributor in relation to the block (and mark the rotor position.)

If you do not put the distributor in EXACTLY the same place, you will get trouble code P1345.

I love my 96 Tahoe. I can drive it from Chicago to Cheyenne, and then take it wheeling the next week-end. Very reliable so far............................