Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy van column in 1st gen Blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72_jimmy, Aug 22, 2005.

1. 72_jimmy

72_jimmy Registered Member

Does anyone know how to modify a van column to fit in a 1st gen? A previous owner swapped a late model (88-94) tilt column into my 72 Jimmy, and it just looks scary. No luck finding the right column to put back in it though.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Tilt Colum??

I know the older chevy vans tilt colum is a popular one to swap into street rods,its simple design makes it easy to adapt..never tried putting one in any of my early blazers though..Any colum from a 67-72 GM pickup should swap right in--I'd think ther must be at least one available somewhere near you...might try looking in the "parts for sale" section here(another post tonight a guy is asking how to JUNK a 72 Blazer!--you need to hook up! :haha: ) ...I have 2 colums for newer trucks,a 73 and a 74,but they are way different.. :doah: :crazy:

3. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I know my friend has a 72 tilt column thats in good condition, I dunno what he wants for it but pm me if your interested and I can hook you up with him.

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

you need a 79 older van tilt or 67-72 truck blazer burb one

have to collapse shorten the van tilts a little and get wiring adapter half mooon shape to flat, chevy dealer has them, i have a couple stashed away that i bought from chevy when they were cheaper, sometimes you can find on on some of the early 70s trucks though, gm installed on on some years models from factory, thats why they have some made some

good luck