Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy vs. Ford.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Dec 19, 2000.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

I’m in the Netherlands. I wondered how real the American Chevy vs. Ford rivalry really is. Not that I like Ford by the way.

"K5 Grand GT in the Netherlands."

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

Trabant all the way!

3. Cavalry

Cavalry 1/2 ton status

upstate NY(although I cant figure out why)
    Its pretty good....I'm almost ashamed to say I have a Ford on here (whoops) In my opinion the better argument is jeep vs non jeep. Those guys really get bent out of shape. Must be feeling inferior of something.

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

thats kinda a one sided answer here on a chevy board! hehe

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

5. blackwidowk5

blackwidowk5 1/2 ton status

As far as offroading, theres definately alot more animosity towards jeeps. But as far as cars, It's pretty heated. I have two roomates, Ones a diehard chevy man, drives a '71 nova, sister drives a camaro,(not sure about the perants) my other roomate's family has 3 fords and a Lincoln in the family. Anyways you should here them when they get going(especially after drinking). Personally i'm a Chevy man myselve. My family's had two caprice wagons, 82, and 84, 2 buick park avenues, 86 93, my 79 blazer, and mom just got an 93 s-10 blazer.

6. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Yea, I think that the J#$p guys have a SMALL MANS COMPLEX and they just know that they can put all the $$$ into their rigs they want and are not going to be BIG like us.LOL

[​IMG] I have to agree with the Puddy Cat. [​IMG]

7. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

Chevy VS Ford

it is not that bad one of my best friends has an 87 F150 with a 5.0 in it and a nice set of M/Ts on it and it is one hell of a truck he has pulled me out more that once and I have pull him out a few times

once agine it is more Jeep VS every thing the guys in jeeps thank they are the [censored] and some of the guy that drive toys are geting like that they thak thos jap jeep can beat a chevy

[​IMG]Go prepared

http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

i would definately drive a Ford before a Jeep. The Chevy vs. Ford rivalry is so close becasue they are pretty much as good as the other-OK, Chevys are better, but Jeeps just SUCK!!!!!!!!! Once Jeeps get a 350, TH400, and 14 bolt FF, Dana 60 front, they are basically a Chevy, and thats when they are OK.

90K5

9. Heath-La. 89GMC

Heath-La. 89GMC 1/2 ton status

I am a true Chevy man when it comes to my Jimmy, hotrods, and toys and such... But i will have to admit that Ford builds solid vehicles... The bodies on Ford trucks are way more solid than GM ones. Everyone one here will have to admit that the bodies on our K5s are not the best designed there are. They are very prone to rust and other crap. But.. id never in a million years trade my Jimmy for a bronco or a jeep

10. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

i am ashamed to see the number of people ont this site who like fords. i love my blazer but at heart i am a MOPAR man. its ok for mopar guys to like chevys, and a few chevy guys understand mopars, but no mopar guys like fords its just not allowed. my mother drives a ford because they make girls cars! its underpowered and underbuilt, but it has things like a tissue holder in it so she likes it.

11. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

12. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I don't like fords either, but i was just saying that they are not bad cars. I would NEVER own one though.

90K5

13. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Hey NYC, I know whatcha mean about that moparts sickness..my bud AND my bro-in-law drive mopars,and my favorite car would be a 70' Hemi Challenger. It's kinda like driving past a bad car-wreck...ya hafta look. WILL the damn dodge start today, WILL the damn dodge fry an alternator or a ballast resistor today? WILL the thing keep the timing chain intact today?

"I'm not stuck...I just dropped my beer in my lap"

14. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i dont hate other cars, even though i dont own anything but bowites, 2 K5s, 1 chevelle, 1 sub. but i just think that engine parts and the engine design itself (its logic and simplicity) is what made me a diehard chevy fan.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

15. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I agree on that nyyef. Whose idea was it to put the distributor in the front on fords?

90K5

16. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

maaan, 90k5, i just noticed you are an 'old hand' already. are you logged through a satellite link in your truck?!?!hehehe

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

17. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

my best friend has a 94 ford bronco, and he and i ALWAYS win the arguement cause it ends up me saying "whos is runnign mroe often? mine!!!" hahaha

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    K5: Because size DOES matter

18. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Well, FORDS are just plain ugly. They haven't made one vehicle that I thought looked good except for the old box bronco.

I miss my Ex, but my aim is getting better!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com

19. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

It sure is nice of ford to design the new f150s so arerdynamically though, now the Chevy tow trucks get better gas mileage[​IMG]

90K5

20. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

im glad somebody else out there understands mopars. its so much more intresting driving a car if you know that theres a good chance youll have to do a field repair with buble gum and duct tape. as far as my favorite mopar i have to go with the hemi powered roadrunner superbird 217mph on the great salt flats in 1970 from the factory.