Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevyhuny--- your the bomb!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Aug 19, 2002.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Just checked out your site again, hoping that the finished Gavin was around. and sure enough.....

Damn woman, you have got more time and patience than anyone that I know. Rebuilding a truck is hard enough to begin with, but rebuilding a FIRE is even worse!

I was beginning to bitch when John and I were wiring the new stereo- all the wires were in a big pile under each side of the dash...... then I remembered the pictures of your engine compartment before and after, and stopped bitching...... I figured if I can't wire a stereo, with 30 cut wires, and you can rewire a 96's engine compartment something is wrong with me!

Way to go Mandy- I want to see a picture of that SMILE on your face!!!!

Remember, it's all worth it in the end, which of course you know now!

Congrats again!

Brandy

2. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

Yes Indeed! Did'nt She do a Job on Her Truck! Awesome! She could turn Wrenches on My Junk, Anyday! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

Thank you! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I have 4 rolls of film I stll have to develop. The rest of the rebuild and of course completed pictures. Oh and the happy dance pictures. Thank you for checking back to my site /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I still cant beleive it started on the first try I truly think I was lucky and had help from above LOL /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I still have the stereo to install. I found out that insted of unhooking the clip in the back they just cut it all. Sooo its back to wireing but Im going to save my fingers this time becuase I can crimpy crimpy some connectors. Yay for me lol.

I know you can do that stereo girl becuase we can do anything /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

/forums/images/icons/blush.gif I feel so honored to be trusted to work on your truck Don. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Its not just a truck to you guys and gals as, its like a member of the family. Now I get to know what that feels like again. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Im a truck owner again Yay! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I have to say you are very inspirational. I get frustrated and upset when my truck has been down for a week! I read your story on your website and I can relate with a lot of it /forums/images/icons/grin.gif . I am waiting for a call that my new sending unit and fuel pump are in, so that *hopefully* I can drive it home tonight!

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Man do I know that feeling! I can't drive mine right now, unless the kids arent with me because of the exhaust problem..... sucks considering if this happened next week I'd be fine, the kids would be in school all day!

praying for you that the idiot parts man doesnt screw up what you ordered!

Brandy

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I couldn't stand it any longer so I just called hubby. He gets a special price at the shop so he ordered the sending unit. It's in! I asked if we plan to fix it tonight and he said no /forums/images/icons/frown.gif and then said... well.... if I really want to. Huh? What kind of a question is that?! Dang. I promised to have a good meal ready when he gets home from work and give him 1/2 hour nap. Then your damn right that truck is getting fixed tonight! It's also my daily driver. We do have a 3rd vehicle which is his built K20, but it doesn't have enough seatbelts to go around. So here I sits! Trying to find the motivation for housework /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif . Did you figure out your exhaust problem? I know that if I'm barefoot mine is awfully hot. I have true duals, no cat. It will hurt the feet if you step on the floor by the middle hump, if you are in the backseat. Supposedly normal according to hub and his boss over at the shop. It is bare metal in that area, rather than pad and carpet. I'll be ripping out the remaining rubber mat this winter and spraying some bedliner or something on.

Have a good one!

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Did you get your truck fixed Andrea? Maybe if you let him know that if your truck isnt fixed then you will have to use his not just once but a few times since you cant haul all of the kids at once. If his is taken away maybe he will get the modivation to fix yours for sure. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

How did it go with the stereo Brandy? I cant stand being in a car that doesnt have music. . Ive GOT to have a working radio, stereo, cd player, tape player, 8 track I DONT CARE as long as its Something. Ill send you a walkman you can hang on the rear view mirror if its not fixed yet. NOONE should be without music lol.

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

She's home, but she's still not going anywhere. Drove home not realizing I had a major gas leak. Pressure line from the tank to the engine is bad. Part on order. At least I can go sit in my truck now. It sure is a lot higher than I expected! I'll post a pic that I took this morning. How is yours doing?

9. Clay's 72K5

Clay's 72K5 Guest

Very cool. Nice to see a female wrecnching and doing work. I know far too many women who are afraid to break a nail then do it themselves. It's always nice to see ladies doing the work themselves. Something about a woman covered in grease wrenching on a truck that is just down right sexy!

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I dunno about the sexy part. LOL. But last night we were over at the shop and I was tanking off my gas tank skid plate. An older couple walked up to the open bay door and the man just looked kinda surprised. He asked if I was working on my own truck and thought that was cool. Felt kinda nice! I can't do it all though. If I can't turn a bolt then it's hub's job, along with working the torch. However it is my truck and I want to know how to do my own repairs /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I almost impressed the hub when we had to pull some lights off an old Chev at a boneyard yesterday. Got there and he didn't have a torx bit along. I did, in MY tool kit /forums/images/icons/grin.gif and pulled the parts for him.

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Cool deal Mandy I hadn't relized you got it going since I'v been away from the puter this month working on my paint job. Cool deal.

12. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

The stereo is in...I had to do some major finger breaking to get the antena part connected to the windshield.

The only bad part, was John cut the orange & white wire that was all alone- little did he know they were for my interior light.... UUGGHHH MEN!

Brandy

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Break a nail? I have no nails to break. I just file them down real short and I dont have that problem /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Throw a coat of nail polish on them and wala. lol /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Sorry to hear your still having problems with your truck Andrea. It sounds like you got your lift on though. Do ya like it?

Brandy OUCH!!!. That antenna install sounds painful to say the least. Now the interior light? Girl you gotta teach that guy of yours how to work on stuff /forums/images/icons/wink.gif But I understand how important it is to have a stereo in your truck. Hope you get it fixed soon. /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

14. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Nail polish is good for covering up grease /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I love the lift. I took my truck over to Paint Shop Pro and here is what I decided on:
    [​IMG]
    Hubby said NO PINK but I might just do it anyway. Part is supposed to be in tomorrow for the fuel line leak. I've been stuck home all week except for working on the truck one evening /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

15. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Hey I love that /forums/images/icons/smile.gif It would look really great with those colors. They match up well. When are you planing on painting it?

Hope you get it fixed soon. Im sure you have cabin fever by now /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

16. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

After waiting on the gas line for 5 days, it came in yesterday. I spent the day under the truck to find out that they sent me the WRONG one! Damn! There are 2 that are similar. The one I needed was the one from the sending unit to the fuel filter. My husband, since he manages a shop, does the part ordering normally so we get wholesale price. He pointed out on a diagram which part it was. Boy was I mad /forums/images/icons/mad.gif . I wanted to go shove that gas line up someones butt. Instead I threw a tool, slammed a door, went to my room and cried. LOL. I don't have 5 more days to wait on a part. The trip we've been working for for the past month is in 6 days from now, therefore I have til Friday to get this thing fixed! Still got brake lines and a driveshaft to deal with. Grrrrr. So we rigged up a fuel line with aftermarket pipe. I cut without a pipe cutter, bent without a bender, got it all done last night and there is a small leak at the sending unit. Can't turn a wrench in there. Waiting for hub to get home with the funky tools. I'm gonna go work on brake lines while I wait.

Hoping to paint next spring.

Thanks for asking. Sure helps to vent about stuff to someone who understands!!!

17. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

One of the most frustrating things is when someone waists your time and energy by getting the wrong part /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/mad.gif That is why Napa is on my Sh*t list. BUT I promise you it will all work out in the end. Its so stressful getting ready for a vacation. I sometimes felt like I needed a vacation from my vacation when I would go on one. LOL

At least you worked something out. I was going to suggest a wrecking yard? Just for now anyways? You could have it right away that way and maybe it would be something to hold you over until you got back from your vacation. But it sounds like you have that part worked out.

So Im not the only one who throws tools when she gets mad /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif LOL!

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

NAPA, I refuce to go to NAPA anymore. Every fricken time I've had a crapa parts store order something for me, they've always gotten the wrong parts !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then the moron behind the counter wants to argue about it when you tell 'em it's not what you ordered. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif I don't care if I have to drive 100 miles to find a parts store other then NAPA, I will NOT waste my time at NAPA ever again !!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

19. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Just got home from a test drive /forums/images/icons/smile.gif . Found a few things to work out yet - a wheel bearing is heating up and I need to do brake lines yet. They are going to be a pain, since everything is rusted together and no way are the lines comign off nicely. Oh well, no turning back now! Hubby had an idea and I made my own gas line. Hope the dealer takes back the wrong one. I'm calmed down now about it. However, I had a really hard time putting my tire back on tonight. It is freakin' heavy!! I struggled til I was dripping sweat and out of breath trying to get it on the studs. Kicked the crap out of it. Hubby stood there and laughed, put it right on, and said there ya go. He said I just couldn't do it. SO I took it off and put it back on again all by myself. HA!

How's Gavin?