Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

chevys rule, jeeps suck...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 82K5_6.5L, Jun 15, 2003.

1. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well i posted awhile back about y K5's rule.. well it was because i out did a new Rubicon.. well last nite we were playing in this place called [naughty word] Creek.. well its a little river crossing that everyone goes in, so the rubicon is in front and all of a sudden sinks in this big ass hole, u couldnt see the tires anymore and was half way up his doors! it was the coolest thing ever.. so he locked in the front and rear lockers in 4lo, still couldnt budge.. his other friend in a stupid F-150 supercrew thought he could pull him out.. ends up the ford gets stuck pulling the jeep out /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif it was awesome, i was the only truck left, i had a 15' chain, and a 30' strap.. so in the end i pull out the ford no prob, then the jeep.. it was like pullin a feather.. i was in 4High and just tugged him... it was so great! once again chevy comes to the rescue.. gotta love it.. wanted to share! anybody else done stuff like this? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Not to burst anyones bubble, I love my K5....but

[ QUOTE ]
    well it was because i out did a new Rubicon

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that thread. You said in your own words the other driver shot up the hill in high with no spotter. You outdid the driver, not the rig. There is something to be said for skill and obviously you had better skillz. But in the right hands ANY rig can offroad given the right mods, be it a chevy, ford, toy, zuk, whatever. Go trail riding with some knoweledgable drivers running some of these rigs. You will be pleasently suprised. I once thought as you do. I was arrogant and pompous about my rig...until I saw what these people were doing with less height, weight, and power. I look forward to the day I wheel so hard I need a pull by someone else. If you've never got stuck you aren't trying hard enough. And I just hope when they get home they don't post on their respective message boards how this doofus in a K5 got his dumb self stuck trying something he never did before. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

5. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

your right about that. in 1987 i had a86 f-250 6in' sus, 3in' body with 40in' tires. and these two guys showed up in a subaru, smashed out of their minds and it took almost a 1/2 mile im the mud to lose them.that little cars tires grabed every thing. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

well u may be right, but wouldnt u think something with lockers front and rear could go a few more places than vehicle without them? yea i had my friend spot me, but i still surpassed him without lockers, so ..?

7. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, I like my Jimmy, but I gotta tell ya. There is a 99 TJ in our club, he has a 4" susp with 33" LTB Swampers, a stock Traclock in the rear with a Lockright in the front, with 3:73s and that thing is f#cking incredible. It flexxes like there is no tomorrow, crawls like it doesnt care, floats over almost anything, basically just goes and goes. He has put some big $$ into it, which is why I dont own one, cause believe me, if money wasnt a factor, Id have one in a sec. Dont get me wrong, there is many situations where mine out performs his, but the more mods he does to his, they are getting fewer and farther between. His is about the only vehicle in the club that regularly embarrasses me... so if I were you, I would totally enjoy being able to show him up now... cause I guarantee it wont last! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

8. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    well u may be right, but wouldnt u think something with lockers front and rear could go a few more places than vehicle without them? yea i had my friend spot me, but i still surpassed him without lockers, so ..?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you gots mad skillz bro! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Awesome. But don't slam the rig for it, it's not cool. It should be more like "Man, this guy had one of those rubis. Lockers all around, was built for off roading. But the guy driving didn't know what to do with it and I whooped HIM with my open diff K5. Imagine what I could do with lockers."

I make my little jokes in my club forum about a 2.7L being an UPGRADE for a toy, but there is always respect. And as long as I get respect in return it's all good /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

well I'll slam em. [naughty word] jeep.

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

j

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

the other day me and my firend were runing over a big dirt pile..hes got a 94 wrangler..and he got high creneterd and stuck on the top and i had to pull him down lol..that was funny..

11. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Did you go in the same spot of mud where he got stuck? If not then your truck isnt any better. Sounds to me you just pulled him out and were on alot drier surface, because one theng that gives it away is your BFG Ats. The Rubicon jeeps are very capable with 32 or 33" MTRs from the factory and electric lockers front and rear.

Dan

12. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Id have to argee with that I pull my buddys out all the time infact they go wheeling without me and i get called out there to pull them out. I still dont know why they dont just go ahead and let me know they are going wheeling and have me sitting there so i can pull them out instead of waiting on me to get out there pull them out. Its mainly b/c they have smaller trucks Toy, Ranger, Toy all are lifted but cant pull each other out the hole its quite funny Only time i really get to play is when max is there with his Jeep and that winch he has on the front to pull me out or id be up the creek without a boat holding a padle.

13. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I used to have some good fullsizes to wheel with,but,about half of them discovered wax and a buffer so now they are scared ****less of mud or stick scratches and don't wheel any more.I've started wheeling with a bunch of younger people{my sons friends,25 or younger}and most of them drive Yotas.Most of them are moving up from 4wheelers to trucks and are a lot of fun to watch.I'm not to fond of Jap rigs,but,it beats wheeling alone.One of my favorite runs was a muddy trail where I wound up pulling three of them at once in some red clay mud{ATs don't do very well in it}. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you go in the same spot of mud where he got stuck? If not then your truck isnt any better. Sounds to me you just pulled him out and were on alot drier surface, because one theng that gives it away is your BFG Ats. The Rubicon jeeps are very capable with 32 or 33" MTRs from the factory and electric lockers front and rear.

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]
    well from the facorty they come stock with electric lockers front and rear and they only have 31" wranglers.. its a nice jeep and all but its to low... i had to back half way in the same hole he was in to get him out, and i stilled pulled him and the ford out.. im just saying, that thing isnt all that its said to be.. maybe with a 6" lift and some 35's he would do alot better.. but i'd take my K5 where ever he goes! so are u saying AT's cant go in the mud? well they do, there not the best i will admit that, but they have pulled me through some icky stuff.. pretty much soggy mud, the stuff that just flings all over the place u know, az mud!!

15. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah But that jeep is BONE STOCK your blazers not put some p-235 15's on there with the 6.2 and see how well your truck does

16. 82K5_6.5L

82K5_6.5L 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah But that jeep is BONE STOCK your blazers not put some p-235 15's on there with the 6.2 and see how well your truck does

[/ QUOTE ]
    well... u bring a good point, but my truck doesnt have a 6.2 and u would never catch me with dinky little tires.. im just saying it was fun, an all mighty new jeep gets stuck, and the chevy, first of all outdid it, then the 2nd time pulled him out.. i wish i had a camera! u know u have out-done a jeep and it was fun, thats all im trying to say.. yea its a great STOCK vehile, so is the blazer.. they didnt have electric lockers and what not back then.. so the blazer was good stock, they made it do out-do a bronco! u see? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. yellowK20

[ QUOTE ]
    but my truck doesnt have a 6.2 and u would never catch me with dinky little tires..

[/ QUOTE ] My point is that your truck came witha 6.2 if it was origanally equipped with a diesel and dinky little tires is what came on your blazer when it was stock I'm not a heep guy but the new rubicon is awesome probaly the best out of the box 4x4 ever (with exception to the unimog ) and is very reasonably priced for what you get. stock truck to stock truck it's hard to beat a Jeep for general fourwheeling situations . And driver skill has alot to do with it like everyone else says you probaly can drive better than this guy /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

18. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    but my truck doesnt have a 6.2 and u would never catch me with dinky little tires..

[/ QUOTE ] My point is that your truck came witha 6.2 if it was origanally equipped with a diesel and dinky little tires is what came on your blazer when it was stock I'm not a heep guy but the new rubicon is awesome probaly the best out of the box 4x4 ever (with exception to the unimog ) and is very reasonably priced for what you get. stock truck to stock truck it's hard to beat a Jeep for general fourwheeling situations . And driver skill has alot to do with it like everyone else says you probaly can drive better than this guy /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but try carrying a keg, a grill, two hot chicks, a cooler and a tent in a Heep /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Im sure its possible ill just ask the mexican bro's up the street how they fit like 30 ppl in a 4 door honda!

20. yellowK20

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif