Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chevy's Rule

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Toad, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

Chevy\'s Rule

It is raining here and it has rained about an inch and a half this afternoon. Out behind my house is a huge area where people fourwheel in weather situations like this. This afternoon I watched a group of 5 Fords struggle through the slippery trails. Each one was stuck at least once. All of these trucks were jacked up and locked. From the sound they also had some hopped up motors. They varied in year from about 78 to 2000.

My son saw them out there and wanted to go fourwheeling. At first I thought no, I don't want to get stuck but then he talked me into it. I have a stock chevy with open differentials, TH350 and a 350 4bl. As I approached where they were all getting stuck I was a little aprehensive. I was supprised to see I sailed right through it. I wasn't even locked into 4 wheel drive! You should have seen the faces on those totally muddy guys. They could not believe I was driving past them. I was running low on gas so I headed home, but this is just another testament to how supperior our rides are.

Just thought I'd share that with you to remind you that your old piece of crap is still better than a new Ford.

2. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Re: Chevy\'s Rule

Well its getting dark and you know that they should be knocking on your door soon to ask for a tow.So I raise my beverage to you and cheer. K5s' rule!!!!