Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheyenne package

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Apr 27, 2004.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

what does a Cheyenne package consist of? strictly some interior and trim differences? i'm scoping out a 79..

thanks /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

was the fanciest for blazer at the time.(before blazer series got silverado) was mostly interior, like power windows, power locks, power rear window and brushed silver dash and door panels. let me know if ya need exact details. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

as far as I know its stripped down model. My 97 and 95 were both cheyennes, both stripped work trucks.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    was the fanciest for blazer at the time.(before blazer series got silverado) was mostly interior, like power windows, power locks, power rear window and brushed silver dash and door panels. let me know if ya need exact details. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ] what a difference over the years huh?

5. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

Really!

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

IIRC....
    the old chyannes were the top of the line packages.

AFter they renamed some stuff, the chyanne became the "work truck " package- optional everything, no power door locks, windows, sometimes, even no radio. And definately, no reclining bucket seats.

I believe they still have the the package, but now they dont really use that designation much anymore. Its generally characterized by the single "sealed beam" bulbs. Still in use today acutally. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Saw some on the vans and stuff.

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah, back in the day the Cheyenne had all the bells and whistles....

8. pismorat

pismorat 1/2 ton status

My '79 Cheyanne pickup has a lot of the extras not offered on other models. It has A/C, power steering, power brakes, tilt wheel, and a dressy interior. Since I bought it, I have redone the interior and taken all the body molding off. I am not sure if power windows and locks were an option back then. Did I mention mine came with a 400 smallblock? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    IIRC....
    the old chyannes were the top of the line packages.

AFter they renamed some stuff, the chyanne became the "work truck " package- optional everything, no power door locks, windows, sometimes, even no radio. And definately, no reclining bucket seats.

I believe they still have the the package, but now they dont really use that designation much anymore. Its generally characterized by the single "sealed beam" bulbs. Still in use today acutally. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Saw some on the vans and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ] often but not always characterized by the headlights. My 95 had sealed beams, my 97 is composite. Got vinyl flooring(I prefer), standard bench(not vinyl but tough cloth), crank windows, and manual locks. Other than that its no different than a Silverado. A/C, tilt, and cruise control all there.

10. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    My 92 pickup has an aftermarket conversion on it, called the "cowboy conversion" . I dont know what seats were in there, the PO took them out- however, it has all the features you listed. The tilt, the cruise, the AC, the tape deck. the roll down windows , the manual door locks.

however, it does have a little extra- there is the vynl floor, but power seat wires sticking out. My only assumption is that there was at one point the correct seats in there, and they took them out and put in a crappy worn out bench from the wrong truck. Other than that, the cowboy conversion just had a lot alot of real wood trim- top, bottom, sides, doors...and some wacky custom paint.

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My 76 K5 is the Cheyenne version. Power steering, and power breaks. Crank windows, Non reclineing seats, but it does have a am/fm radio with a single speaker in the center of the dash. It's a pretty basic Blazer. I think the only fancy thing is the trim in the cab. Doesn't even have a headliner. 400 small block, TH350/NP-203.

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

YE9 is cheyenne and also silveradoo, all depending on the year,

yes it just consisted of some better looking interior and exterior components, for more deluxe appearance only but most all ppl goof this all up and confuse themselves and really have no clue what the package includes and commonly say that a/c and power stuff comes with it when in reality it has nothing to do with such options(i wont point at any individuals in particular hahaha)

if you want me to list what came in cheyenne from the gm original info then i can do such

here is a start:

Custom- (base model) - Black rubber gasket holding the windshield in. White painted bumpers and mirrors. Vent window pillars and frames were flat black. Standard painted hub caps. Tail light and tailgate moldings were NOT included or offered.

Custom Deluxe - Full width comfortably padded bench seat and padded arm rests on the door panels. Padded flip down sun visors. Vinyl seat upholstery and matching vinyl on the door panels. The interior roof panel was painted to match the exterior color of the truck. A black rubber floor mat that went from the edge of the front seat up to the firewall. Courtesy lamps, and a padded dashboard. Stainless steel upper and lower grille moldings. Chrome headlight bezels. Stainless steel mirrors. White painted front bumper. Chromed Custom Deluxe emblems on the fenders.

Z84 Cheyenne - Bench seat with full depth padded seat and back rest, with all vinyl or vinyl and nylon cloth seat covering. Door trim panels and headliner. Nylon carpet from front edge of seat to firewall. Color keyed moldings. Ash tray mounted cigar lighter. Custom steering wheel. Cheyenne dashboard emblem. Door pin switch or manually operated courtesy lights. Extra insulation to block noise. Upper body moldings. Tailgate trim panel with Cheyenne emblem. Blazers that were ordered with the Cheyenne package, had a chrome round emblem on the rear fenders.

Cheyenne Super - This added upper and lower body side moldings, a chrome tailgate handle, chrome wheel well moldings, and Cheyenne Super emblems on the dash and fenders.

YE9 Silverado - This came with all the goodies included in the Cheyenne package, and full gauge instrumentation, instead of just warning lights. Full door trim panels with matching carpet on the bottom sections, door pockets, full cowl trim in the floor area, and Silverado name plate. The exterior includes full upper and lower body side moldings, wheel opening moldings, full center tailgate panel, and a bright trim panel across the back of the cab just above the top of the bed

cheyenne was discontinued in '82 and came back in '88

read here, scroll down the good info is in last about 1/2 or 1/3 of the page: http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/models.html

read here too: http://www.73-87.com/7387stuff/7387trimlev.htm
    good luck

13. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

interesting.... the 79 i'm looking at has manual windows and locks (fine by me).. but from the pics it looks like it has a factory tach?!?
    screw it, here's the truck i'm checking out.. hopefully noone will snipe me on it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif looks promising... minor rust (heck, i've got qrters, w/wells and floors sitting in my garage if need be)... no ac (not sure how i feel about this.. was planning on having a mid 80's AC truck... sure makes life simpler without and i'm certainly used to no AC)...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6154&item=2475903426&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT

some interior and engine..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]