Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cheyennepickup.com dash

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky, Oct 17, 2001.

1. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    I ordered a urethane dash and have had it in the truck since the beginning of the summer. I kept it wet with armorall and it already warped. Two bumps over the gage cluster. Do you think Cheyenne pickup will let me return it? Anyone had any similar experience with them. I am going to call them tomorrow and see what they say. I'll let you know for your own future reference.

Sparky

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Sparky on 10/18/01 01:17 PM.</FONT></P>

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Re: Cheyenne pickup dash

That is strange. I have had one for 3 years (a urethane grey one from Cheyenne) and it looks as new. However, I don't live in Texas with the heat and intense sunlight. Might want to give them a call and see what they say. That is awfully soon to have it warp. Also, not sure if you are supposed to use Armor All on the urethane dashes, but not sure.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    I called them up today and and they did not offer me a direct swap for another dash, but they did give me some other options. They were going to look for a factory blemish one with a minor defect in the back and swap me for that one or give me a credit toward another new one. Either way I would be out shipping. I'm still a little upset about it, but atleast they are willing to work with me. There waranty is only 60 days so there isnt much I can do about it. I tried putting some bricks wrapped in a towel to try to weigh the bubles down, but it had little effect. Left them on there for about a week. Anyone have any other suggestions about what I can do to get rid of the bubles and avoid haveing to go through the hassel of replacing the dash again.

When all else fails... Check the blinker fluid.
    78 K-5

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Not sure if your bubbles are at the surface or not, but ... can you get ahold of some needles and syringes?

Try a little pin hole ... then take a needle filled with an epoxy (very low vis.) inject some in to the far side of the bubble while withdrawaling it and pressing down on the bubble. You may end up with a crease of sorts ... or even a disaster, but maybe a nice repair ... worth a try.