Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chicago area meet and greet Nov. 2nd- UPDATE

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by laketex, Sep 30, 2003.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Hey yall,

I'm proposing a Chicago area meet and greet. Since my month of October is pretty damn busy with the Jaycees Haunted House construction, I'm thinking Sunday, Nov. 2nd. We can do this over at my house in Batavia, and watch the Sunday doubleheader. Chili and ribs or brisket. Maybe head over to CV pits to play a little in the trucks...

Any interest in something like this? It amazes me that there are at least 8 ck5 members within a 30 mile radius of me, yet none of yall know each other!

And Brent, this can include Kankakee too!!!

<font color="red"> UPDATE: My house is 133 Spuhler Drive in Batavia, IL. It's a townhouse. Be sure to bring your wheeling rig if you've got one. I'd estimate eats to come out around 2 or 3. Event will start at 1, and pre-event entertainment will be brought by Krazie87K5 and Tim in our custom made boxing ring outdoors. Illegal gambling will be tolerated. There will be a raffle for prizes out of my garage. Tickets for this raffle will go for $1 each. If you have items to contribute to the raffle, please bring them, but no preference will be given to raffle bringers as it relates to the brisket line. I will be smoking a brisket or two, a couple racks of ribs, and some chicken. We will have other snacks beforehand. If you're a vegan, no fake meat will be provided to you. Either eat meat or go home. I hope a lot of people come, cause this should be a fun time. Thanks! </font>

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Chicago area meet and greet

Well - you know I am in. I'd even tow my fat mess of a truck over there for the CV pits too. At least we could have a sweet selection of K5s out in Batavia!

See y'all there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

-Dan

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would be all for it. How are the Yorkville/Sugar Grove/Batavia cops with big trucks? I know that the Yorkville cops are not the best to work with and I'd probably have to drive along 47 to get to where you are. I guess if the Downers Grove and Bolingbrook cops are ok with it, then the rest should be too.

I'm all for it, either in the K10 or in my DD, whatever I have to do.

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

There's lots of big trucks in my area...come on down. You have plates and ins right?

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yep, got plates good til July next year and enough insurance to hit three rolls royce's and still be covered. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. wa_jeeper

wa_jeeper Registered Member

Where is Batavia? I'm up here in Great Lakes (right by Waukegan) and still finding my way around (just moved here from Texas)... I'd be up to attend!

7. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

A fellow texan is always welcome in my house. I just moved here from Sherman in January. Where are you from?

Batavia is in the far west subburbs, just north of Aurora. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Hey Brain, thanks for the invite. Just remind me when it gets a little closer as I never really know whats going on from day to day. Did ya get my PM I sent you? And my cuz wasn't at the shop today so I'll try to catch him tomorrow and ask about the 465/205 for ya.

9. wa_jeeper

Just moved up from Ft Worth in May. I was stationed at the Naval Air Station for the last 3 years. I'm originally from Washington state but try not to hold that against me /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ...

10. redneck60164

redneck60164 1/2 ton status

i am definatly in it would be great to meet all you guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. KRAZIE87K5

Jimmy-
    Sweet! Good to have you here! Think you can make the BBQ? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike-
    It would be kewl to meet another CK5 guy too man! Comawn down! We'll see ya there! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Tim-
    Lets get past all this BS squabbling, and lets chow on some of Bryan's grub at this meet and greet. I'd be happy to meet you and your rig in person! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

12. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

ahhh....it feels good to orange again...prolly shouldn't have spent my money but i did and its fine wuith you how would you like to have a New Englander at your "party"? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Lets get past all this BS squabbling, and lets chow on some of Bryan's grub at this meet and greet. I'd be happy to meet you and your rig in person!

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cool, I was only messin with ya anyway. I'll definitely be there and I suppose if all is well with my rig I can bring that too (Seems like damage is only cosmetic).

I've been meaning to invite you to an outing for the last two years (since Bryan lived in texas!!) but I haven't had my rig together and enough advance notice to let you know. If there's ever another weekend outing planned, I'll let you know. I am not sure if I can offer you a challenge where I go, it really just depends on the conditions, but it IS a good time to go out there and its fun no matter what, even if its not real horrible. Last weekend it wasn't real bad, I got stuck once because I was babying the throttle and that was about it.

14. wa_jeeper

Should be able to, not sure about the K5 though... I'm still working out a bad wobble problem...

15. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

hey hey im in, thats if im not on the chit list for showing up all clean and stuff to the detroit re-install and not helping out, all though Dan did almost chop my toes off with that ring gear balancing job.

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hey if its a meet and work on rigs deal you fawkers can change my rusty oil pan. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

17. KRAZIE87K5

Hrmmm... isn't knowing someone (at least having met them) prerequisite for swearing at them in jest? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

18. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Hey Dan I just might have to make it to this so I can meet this Tim Fawker. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hrmmm... isn't knowing someone (at least having met them) prerequisite for swearing at them in jest? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not after two years here.

I was only kidding anyway, hopefully I'll have the oil pan swapped out by then, if not, I'm parking down the street!!

87SM465NP208 said he'd be interested too if that's fine with you guys. He's got a 4" lifted '87 K10 shortbox on 33s.

20. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Bah, I'll just keep the bucket out that's been under my diff for the past month! You should see my driveway, looks like a cross between an EPA spill and a kitty litter box. The funny thing is I live in a townhouse with the tiny 1 car garage, and the other neighbors are spotless. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif