Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Chicago high school hazzing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 13, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The Story From my understanding, this did not happened on school grounds, so I don't understand how the school can suspend anyone over it.

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Was it a school sponsored event? I never got the full skinny on that, but it's been all over the news here. There were some pretty viscious injuries over that thing.

3. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

the kids involved had signed a thingie that said they couldn't act like asses, even off campus.
    violation of their code of conduct, or some such hooey. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

>
    The school found that the students violated laws on hazing and assault, Riggle said. The investigation also found the students violated the school's hazing policy and the Illinois school code.
    Earlier, Riggle had said he had little power to discipline the girls because the event was off campus and not sanctioned by the school.
    Authorities have said criminal charges in the videotaped incident are likely.

4. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

It comes down to some hazing rituals in my book are ok.But when people get hurt it becomes a ya should've known better sort of thing.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I still don't see how the school can leagley suspend the kids becouse it didn't happen on school propperty. Yes I understand the kids signed something, but sence they are/were minors at the time they signed, how can it be leagley binding ??? I could understand if it was on school grounds, or at a school function. I think they should face charges, but not from the school.

6. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

the school officials/teachers, town police and people living there new about the hazing every year(last 20 yrs or something like that), this one just was way out of line. It only takes a couple of bad seeds to encourage the "followers" to do as they are. The school has to act now to cover their asses, since this became a national story

7. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

That's nothing.... I'm so sick of the kids that are being raised around here you can't believe it. They are total A holes. Thieves, Vandels, Liars, Dog Killers, and down right stupid. You know what thier favorite past time is now? Walking very slowly in front of heavy traffic against a red light across the cross walk. And they just look at you with a smile as you slam on your brakes to keep from killing the little bastards... And now they are doing it at NIGHT! WHAT KIND OF A HOLES ARE RAISING THESE IDIOTS????